Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 05:17 PM

Musicians

Just wondered if there are any musicians here, professional/non professional and what instruments you play n style/s of music, or if sing. Has any one ever taken up playing an instrument when bit older or returned to playing/singing after few years break? I used to play classical piano when younger, but have lost confidence and not played for quite a long time
Sorry if boring, many thanks.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 05:28 PM
I play piano. Started as a child and did it for a long time, then stopped for a couple of years. I went through the grade system and in the end found it a bit boring and 'samey' playing classical music. Started again, only this time did my own thing playing mainly modern stuff and interpretations by ear. I also enjoy classical pieces now I'm older; could not appreciate them at all as a child. I've not stopped since...one of my true loves in life!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Thankyou, it's really good you're enjoying playing again and have found something different Went through the grade thing too(not so far as might have and many years ago, hit a stumbling block with the theory, never good at maths ) Have a lovely piano here (for now, is my daughters) but am almost afraid to try play and used to find it very relaxing(no matter how sounded). Are there any classical/modern composers you especially like? I love many types of music from rock to classical, jazz to punk and beyond
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Not many musicians forthcoming yet, best have a good howl. In the words of Vlad (from film n a favourite)'ahh the children of the night, what sweet music they make'.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 08:33 PM
I'll learn to play whatever current song takes my fancy. You can get sheet music (or even online tutorials) for almost everything these days. I just learnt Unfaithful by Rhianna the other day -- inspired by the X-Factor!

As for classical, I love anything by Chopin, Rachmaninoff, Liszt & Debussy.

Just give it a go - what have you got to lose?
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 08:36 PM
I played the clarinet when I was younger - haven't played for years though I can still pick up a recorder & play a tune & read music.
My favourite tune to play was Gary Moore's Parisian walkways (though it sounds better on the flute!!)
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 09:05 PM
I played Piano thru to teens! My father, younger brother & neice are all Professional Musicans. Dad (RIP) & bro were/are Music teachers. My dad could play any musical instrument - he was exceptionally gifted, but his "main" instruments were the double bass & Violin. He also repaired musical
Instruments. My bro plays/teaches guitar.
Ang3l
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-12-2010, 09:41 PM
I play Cello got my QTS as well
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Thankyou for all your replies and stories, might have a go at tinkling the ivories again soon
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by Ang3l View Post
I play Cello got my QTS as well
My neice plays the cello!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >