Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-02-2011, 12:00 AM

Activity register question

After reading another thread i looked at the forms to register Oz ..
Because both his parents are on the breed register it says i cant put him on the activity register ..
Confused here some what ..
TheABCs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-02-2011, 12:06 AM
I put "pedigree dog" and "activity register" into the search engine, and here is what came up in the KC website. I think I had to click on a link to the Activity Register to get to this bit.

My dog is registered on the Breed Register do I have to apply for the Activity Register?

If your dog is already registered on the Kennel Club Breed Register, it is not necessary to apply for the Activity Register as your dog is already eligible to compete in all these activities. Ensure that you have registered your ownership of your dog by completing the change of ownership application.

Hope this helps... I wanted to check myself, as I had called the KC specifically about two of my young dogs who are being trained for agility, and got this advice verbally, but you just reminded me to doublecheck. Thanks!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2011, 02:49 AM
As I understand it, the activities register is for dogs who are not KC registered through the normal means eg pedigree litter registration.

If the Litter Oz was born in were KC registered then you don't need to bother with the activities register as Oz will already be registered with the KC, which qualifies for competition in any KC activities.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

22-02-2011, 07:54 AM
i think that's right, lady is a cross breed rescue with unknown sire and dam (I have to write "FDU" on the competition entry forms)

so, to compete in Working Trials she had to be registered on the Activity Register

so, its more for dogs like lady or other non-KC registered dogs
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Sorry folks i should have said because oz is white he was not registered with his litter mates .
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Don't put sire or dam down, register him on the working register with 'unknown' in the gaps. You need breeders signitures otherwise and it all gets very complicated! They do accept a rough date of birth and you can call him a boxer.

rune
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Don't put sire or dam down, register him on the working register with 'unknown' in the gaps. You need breeders signitures otherwise and it all gets very complicated! They do accept a rough date of birth and you can call him a boxer.

rune

Why is the breeder's signature required ? I know lots of dogs registered on the AR & none of their owners had to get the breeder to sign anything
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Why is the breeder's signature required ? I know lots of dogs registered on the AR & none of their owners had to get the breeder to sign anything
It is needed---or used to be to put sire, dam and date of birth. One of mine got sent back, thats how I know!

rune
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't think you have to put anything down if you don't know it - just pick a KC name. I tried to put a date of birth for my farm collie and it came back blank. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to register and compete rescues.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Thats right----you need a signature for a date of birth.

Just fill the form in with most of it blanks!

I wouldn't let them choose the name if they reject your choice. Just keep sending different ones.

They actually rang me for one of mine and we thrashed it out on the phone!

rune
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >