Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dilkara
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-03-2009, 01:07 PM

First agility class

Me and Ludo had our first agility class today.
He really loves it so far! Was really eager and attentive and caught on so quickly!

As he's a sheltie and can be quite timid I thought we'd spend the whole time getting him to even go near a wing. But he was working away through me, going over a set of three jumps (poles on floor) and round the wings, he did the tunnel with a return from both directions and he did a few goes through some channel weaves.

I'm so pleased he likes it and he is worn out now, just got to see if my brain can keep up with his.
danielle0211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Well done its so exciting starting a new dog isn't it!?
I started my BSD the other week I was the same as you thought I would struggle to get her near the equipment but she excelled all of my expectations and she clearly loved it!
Won't be long until your posting telling us about your first clear round!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2009, 09:13 PM
I know how you feel, ours have started recently too and we are all really enjoying it. Mind you, everyone says how much it works the dogs' minds and bodies, they forget to tell you how your mind and body have to keep up too
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2009, 09:20 PM
weldone to both of you
Dilkara
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I know how you feel, ours have started recently too and we are all really enjoying it. Mind you, everyone says how much it works the dogs' minds and bodies, they forget to tell you how your mind and body have to keep up too
Hehe, I know, I was finding it hard to realise that my eyes could watch to see what he was doing and my feet move at the same time.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Well done - they say it takes 1 year to train a dog and about 3 (reckon its more personally LOL) to train the handler!

Glad you enjoyed it - I still get in a confuddle running Max!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Well done, sounds like you had a blast

I have just started Mia and I am so chuffed how well she is getting on - able to focus on me and willing to work

Been training Ben just over a year and he is a joy to run - wouldnt say either of us are trained yet - our trainer recons its about 5 years before your dog is 100%, at the moment as his confidence and speed increases I am having to adapt my timings and stuff - so ever learning
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Sounds like you had a brilliant time.

We start our first ever agility class tommorow evening. I've never done anything like it ever ever ever and am quite nervous, but judging by these responses it should be fun!
danielle0211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Have fun let us know how you get on!
stunt monkey
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2009, 08:34 PM
we have taken our new dog stan to training classes and they have some agility equipment ,we took him over the jumps through the tunnel over the a-frame and tonight he jumped through the tyre we have only had him 2 weeks ,we got him from a rescue centre he is 11 months old ,we havent pushed him to do any of these things but he likes to follow the other dogs ,the instuctor(a retired police dog handler)said he reckons we stole him from the circus.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >