View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pookin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2013, 06:59 PM
I have a few items trimmed in fur, mainly dyed rabbit from rabbits someone raised for meat, how do people generally feel about that?
I have no strong feelings one way or another, I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase fur but neither does it make my skin crawl or anything. It does make my brothers skin crawl, that's purely a physical thing though and not driven by any underlying principle or moral.
If it is the waste people object to, ie foxes and minks raised on a fur farm and just their skin used. Would it be more/less or just as unacceptable if say the meat and bones were also used in some way?
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Pookin View Post
I have a few items trimmed in fur, mainly dyed rabbit from rabbits someone raised for meat, how do people generally feel about that?
I have no strong feelings one way or another, I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase fur but neither does it make my skin crawl or anything. It does make my brothers skin crawl, that's purely a physical thing though and not driven by any underlying principle or moral.
If it is the waste people object to, ie foxes and minks raised on a fur farm and just their skin used. Would it be more/less or just as unacceptable if say the meat and bones were also used in some way?
maybe their meat and bones will get used?

...for to feed their conspecifics, which will be the next ones who have to grow up under the most misreable circumstances and getting skilled alive, only for to emphasise some peoples vanity and to lift up their partiality
Pookin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-05-2013, 02:02 PM
So is it the conditions that fur is often produced in what you object to then? Or is it fur in any form? Or is it vanity you want banning? It's an interesting subject to think about
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Pookin View Post
So is it the conditions that fur is often produced in what you object to then? Or is it fur in any form? Or is it vanity you want banning? It's an interesting subject to think about
at the very, very very first point, the conditions how that fur is often (mostly?) produced

even if these animaly would get killed ethical before they skin them, their live before is also just only the hell
and that ONLY for the vanity and prestige of people who thinks they need that
but nowaday NO ONE! of us here, needs such a fur for to kept warm at cold days!

if you are living in the Antarctica for example it's different and they also will use the meat of the animals they kill, for to survive!

if these circumstances were the same with the animals for our meat (where somewhere they wont be far better, I guess, but out of that knownledge I get my meat at our lokal butcher, or at any other I trust, but not in the supermarket!)
I certainly would get an vegetarian or even vegan as well

I really could talk about neverending

but right when you showed your piccy of you with your lovely chicken

whatch that and you will know what I mean
Wiesenhof, they also export over to England, maybe under another name?
and not once you need to understand, what they are talking, as the pictures says all
that's the German PETA, sneaky checking out Wiesenhof

so enjoy the eggs of your happy chickens
I also buy mine of my neighbour
...except I pay not for those I'm getting as a gift
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2013, 05:56 PM
PETA !! Are you serious?? LOL. Thanks for that you made my day!!! Not the video, not interested in it, but posting a peta video when you claim to be in favour of animal welfare, absolutely classic!! THANK YOU.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
PETA !! Are you serious?? LOL. Thanks for that you made my day!!! Not the video, not interested in it, but posting a peta video when you claim to be in favour of animal welfare, absolutely classic!! THANK YOU.
well, of course you know everything about

did you read about the American PETA?
or what do you know at all about the German?
well, for sure everything, as you are soooo clever and they are only bad
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2013, 06:16 PM
...by the way, I already realized, that you are ONLY interested in your own animals
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2013, 06:17 PM
If fur (like hide for leather) is a by-product of animals that are bred to eat, I have no problem with that and think it should be used. I'm a hypocrite as I love eating meat, but if someone asked me to kill an animal to eat it, I couldn't
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
If fur (like hide for leather) is a by-product of animals that are bred to eat, I have no problem with that and think it should be used. I'm a hypocrite as I love eating meat, but if someone asked me to kill an animal to eat it, I couldn't
thinking the same

and could laugh about your last sentence, as I'm just the same
even my OH can't kill any animal (vertebrates! I need to add for any reason ) though he's a farmer
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-05-2013, 06:29 PM
I don't wear fur, but I don't have a problem with others wearing it, it all depends on how it's sourced, and the animals it's taken from.

I a gree that we all have a degree of hypocrisy on things like this... Be it animal testing to wearing leather, our conscience dictates what we deem acceptable or not, depending on where we sit.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >