View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2013, 02:07 PM
I've said my 'little' bit (about this being a contentious subject!) all I have to add to this debate is - I don't want to wear dead animals myself but there are things in this world that I get more 'exercised' and upset about than this (feel the same about fox hunting) - I am far more bothered by child poverty and child abuse and childhood cancer - to name just 3 of them - things that I actively do campaign about and do part with filthy money to support the fight against - and apart from that additional comment

Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Darcy Boy View Post
I would never wear anything made of fur.
like me
I never did and I never will
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I've said my 'little' bit (about this being a contentious subject!) all I have to add to this debate is - I don't want to wear dead animals myself but there are things in this world that I get more 'exercised' and upset about than this (feel the same about fox hunting) - I am far more bothered by child poverty and child abuse and childhood cancer - to name just 3 of them - things that I actively do campaign about and do part with filthy money to support the fight against - and apart from that additional comment

okay, well, but what the heck has that to be with children?

I know that, I could post, maybe in the daily Good Morning Thread on here, that I just got upset as I spilled my coffee over my trousers and the answer would be "there is something worse, just think of all of those poor children"

but I am talking about animals!
not about humans!

and by the way, if children are getting reared like being so as adults
maybe better they would die before!

sorry, but that's just my opinion!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2013, 03:58 PM
As I said at the beginning - this is always a CONTENTIOUS issue. You should have expected not to have every response agreeing with your every word on the subject.

I doubt anyone actually relishes the thought of animals being slaughtered for fashion. But, as I said, there are 'degrees' of outrage about all sorts of unsavoury stuff and I explained mine to a very small degree.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2013, 04:31 PM
I wouldnt wear fur either
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Yep, I too think they look better on the animal, however, we could say that about leather, meat etc... Like I said, we are all hypocrites, but we "choose" what we agree and disagree with and make out its just fine. Cos its suits us.
No, I don't think that leather and meat fall into the same category. Nothing on God's earth will convince me it is healthy for humans to be vegetarians. We have teeth for tearing and grinding meat, and we are meant to eat meat. Not too much, but some. As someone who has enormous feet, I have very rarely if ever been able to buy synthetic shoes that are suitable for work. when I have been able to find some, they have had too high a heel - I can only wear flats. With the exception of those slip on ballet type shoes - I have loads of those and they are all synthetic, trainers, flip flops etc., my "smart" shoes have to be leather. Most of my handbags are synthetic, although I do have some old leather ones kicking around.

So no, I don't actually think that I AM a hypocrite!
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2013, 11:59 AM
I wouldn't wear fur no, I think it's a different kettle of fish if you are from a traditional community in the arctic circle though...

I think it looks gross, and it's really distasteful, I'm a racing photographer, and at cheltenham they have loads of it for sale, as shooting and hunting is very much a part of the lifestyle for many people, and i find it repulsive you can get fox skin hats that have the tail on the back of them?! it's disgusting!! I just find it such poor taste, and if that's the sort of thing you feel you need to wear to show you have enough money to take part in countryside pursuits like that then good god i pity you!!

I was given real fur coat as a present from a very elderly relative when i was very little, and it had been hers since she was a little girl so i obviously thanked her for it and my mum put it away for safe keeping, and i think it has been in a suit bag ever since. The thought makes my skin crawl.

I say this, and I'm vegetarian, but i have so much sheepskin stuff for my horses... hah. whoops! I guess everyone is a bit hypocritical.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
No, I don't think that leather and meat fall into the same category. Nothing on God's earth will convince me it is healthy for humans to be vegetarians. We have teeth for tearing and grinding meat, and we are meant to eat meat. Not too much, but some. As someone who has enormous feet, I have very rarely if ever been able to buy synthetic shoes that are suitable for work. when I have been able to find some, they have had too high a heel - I can only wear flats. With the exception of those slip on ballet type shoes - I have loads of those and they are all synthetic, trainers, flip flops etc., my "smart" shoes have to be leather. Most of my handbags are synthetic, although I do have some old leather ones kicking around.

We are all entitled to our opinions.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Actually I do often end up wearing fur - as a fashion accessory, pet fur, goes lovely on black. Easily obtained by sitting down just about anywhere in the apartment!
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post

good post

and I think, at all, it also depends on, how an animal will get slaughtered / or skinned!!!!

at least here the animal welfare act definite clearly, that every animal has to get stunned before it finally will get killed and that has to get quickly, befor it will get its consciousness back

but to skin an animal alive and then just throw that still living body away, that it has to die a wretched death does not include that at all!

even to slaughter in a Jewish kosher or Muslim halhal way is not allowed over here! though for sure those guys will do that nevertheless behind close doors and just wont care about our laws!

so I don't mind to wear shoes of cowskin or pork, only lately I bought a sheepskin for my dog, which was produced in Germany!

so these are products of proper slaughtered animals (as far as you can proceed on the assumption that this is the case, though estimated number of unknown cases always will be )
but I'm still trying my best, for NOT to support animal cruelty

so I also buy my meat and stuff at the local butcher and not in a supermarket, where I think, they rather will get it of factory farming, which not once has to come from Germany and even if, there you will find enough "black sheeps" too

you just cannot know everything what's going on behind closed doors

but as I said, I'm trying my best

but if I can see something that clearly!
and know animals are getting breed, raised and killed only for prestige and vanity of those humans, who thinks they need that
it only makes me sick!

so for sure, I'm also NOT hypocritical

in my eyes, right those people are hypocritical who are calling themselves "animal lovers" but are closing their eyes of what else is going on, on our World!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >