View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jpepper
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Another problem is cats love to eat chicken or other birds on property and that's not cool at all and is cost consuming replacing them.

Keep your cats off my property and everything is fine. Can't keep control your cat? Well that's the pounds problem or mine and my dogs problem whoever gets them first.
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Jpepper View Post
Another problem is cats love to eat chicken or other birds on property and that's not cool at all and is cost consuming replacing them.

Keep your cats off my property and everything is fine. Can't keep control your cat? Well that's the pounds problem or mine and my dogs problem whoever gets them first.
Your attitude is appalling. I take it you are an animal owner, rather than an animal lover.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 08:51 PM

Nice attitude!

I have a cat and will be the first to agree that if my cat gets attacked by a dog on it's own property then it's not the dog owners fault. But I really don't like how pleased you sound at the thought of someone's cat being caught and killed by your dog.

A true animal lover would never wish harm on any animal, however much they disliked them.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 08:53 PM

Aren't you just delightful.
Jpepper
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Nice attitude!

I have a cat and will be the first to agree that if my cat gets attacked by a dog on it's own property then it's not the dog owners fault. But I really don't like how pleased you sound at the thought of someone's cat being caught and killed by your dog.

A true animal lover would never wish harm on any animal, however much they disliked them.
I was stating my dogs will get them. But I will also get them and take them to the pound. Or call the pound either or. When you have livestock around your home you might have a better understanding. Gets tiring someone cat kills a bird and then your paying for it out of your pocket.

If my dog gets a hold of the cat and I see it I'll call the pound and tell them to come get it.

Well I also use my dogs to catch wild boars so I'm not an animal lover per say but I can show remorse.
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post

I don't see anyone wishing harm on any animals at all, just people saying that they would not take responsibility for an animal that was left to roam in potentially dangerous situations by it's owners

It's pretty much the same as farmers shooting dogs that harrass their livestock. I don't see anyone screaming ANIMAL HATERRR at people in the agricultural profession!
Jpepper
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Heard it plenty coming from cat owners.... Oh my cat would never do such a thing. Yeah right.... You can't trash break a cat the way you can a dog.
Jpepper
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Your attitude is appalling. I take it you are an animal owner, rather than an animal lover.
I know who and what I am but thanks though. Just don't have any respect for those type of people who buy a cat then let it roam free and reproduce especially, then get into chicken coops, stir your dogs crazy, poop in the yard(why does cat poop smell 10x worse then dog poop?) Just an annoyance and cost money for myself that I could spend elsewhere.

Especially a cat that will linger around a dogs kennel til the point where your dog has torn out claws trying to sratch thru the bottom of the kennel to dig out to get the cat. Another major cost that is a nuisance.

I've got nothing against cats just the lack of intelligence and common sense on their owners part. Not all of them though of course.

And yes I do own all of my animals. They know it too. Some of them are pets and some of them are straight working machines..... They were born for a specific job and they do that job very well because they know nothing else. And to be honest these animals get treated better then most peoples children. If you only knew the bond we hold these dogs would live or die for me seriously.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by louise! View Post
I don't see anyone wishing harm on any animals at all, just people saying that they would not take responsibility for an animal that was left to roam in potentially dangerous situations by it's owners

It's pretty much the same as farmers shooting dogs that harrass their livestock. I don't see anyone screaming ANIMAL HATERRR at people in the agricultural profession!
I don't expect people to take responsibility for my cat(s), I never have, but there has been a lot of unwritten "joy" on this thread by people who clearly hate cats. My dogs don't like strange cats, they would probably chase down and catch a strange cat on their property. I wouldn't blame them for it, it's their garden, but in the same breath I wouldn't go to the cat owners house, present them with their dead/injured cat and go "tough luck"! I just feel sad for people who wish harm on any animal, what sort of person do you have to be to think that way.

Oh and as for farmers, some are well known to be gun happy when it comes to dogs for the same reasons.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 09:09 PM
I know who and what I am but thanks though. Just don't have any respect for those type of people who buy a cat then let it roam free and reproduce especially, then get into chicken coops, stir your dogs crazy, poop in the yard(why does cat poop smell 10x worse then dog poop?) Just an annoyance and cost money for myself that I could spend elsewhere.

Especially a cat that will linger around a dogs kennel til the point where your dog has torn out claws trying to sratch thru the bottom of the kennel to dig out to get the cat. Another major cost that is a nuisance.

I've got nothing against cats just the lack of intelligence and common sense on their owners part. Not all of them though of course.

And yes I do own all of my animals. They know it too. Some of them are pets and some of them are straight working machines..... They were born for a specific job and they do that job very well because they know nothing else. And to be honest these animals get treated better then most peoples children. If you only knew the bond we hold these dogs would live or die for me seriously.
I'm intrigued. You have told us the bond your dogs have with you, but what sort of bond do you have with your dogs?

I only ask because throughout your posts so far, costs rather than compassion seems to shine through
Page 16 of 23 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »