View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julz11
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-03-2012, 04:39 PM
sounds like a form of dermatitis.... get a good dermatitis shampoo (dermoline from horse shops is good) and bathe twice a week
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Well as you may of seen Skye developed bald patches, I have since read that if you use coconut oil on the skin (oil not cream) it is a real healier, encourages hair lose to grow back and anything like lice, nits fleas, dandruff scaley skin etc will lessen....plus the crawlies will not live on a animal with coconut oil on either .....her skin has stopped bothering with her and the hair is coming back on...slowly plus the shine on her coat is fabulous again
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Just wondered about Murphy, Shelley....

Did you get to the bottom of what's causing this?
Nope, not yet....

The vets have ruled out infection, ringworm, Demodex etc; and would like to do a biopsy, however I can't afford it until we get the reimbursement from the first operation....

I've got Murphy on starflower oil and a Denes nettle supplement.

I still think it's seasonal alopecia, and I'm hoping that the better weather and more sunshine helps his condition to improve.

He's not ill, and doesn't really notice the patches etc, it just makes him look unsightly!!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Phoebe has had a few time what i can only describe looks like she has chickenpox vet calls it pyoderma, she always gets 3 weeks worth of abs but it does take weeks before she looks like shes better and even longer for hair to come back. she aslo has a bath in malaseb twice a week untill cleared up. happens atleast once a year when her grass allergy is at its worse
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2