View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 06:15 PM
C&D - I've never seen those barrels before - are they used a lot? - look really interesting
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 06:19 PM
The Essex team are the only ones who use them, I think. And the walkway is used for their firehoops.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks to C&D and BenMc for the piccies - FAB!
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 08:16 PM
I've been doing agility with my boy for about a year - he's such a good boy and he loves it.
He's quite quick and mostly accurate, but I don't think he'd ever be quick enough to compete against collies!
He's not quick enough on the weave yet, and we've only tried a seesaw once - he was terrified and then hated the dog walk for a few weeks cos it looks the same as a seesaw from down there! We are part of a GSD display team - that messed up our display for a while!
I love it though - great fun.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 10:48 AM
cant believe i missed this! sadie does agility we have been competing for a year now- and only need 15 points this weekend and we win baa dog of the year league 08/09!!
she is fast- and if we are accurate we can usually beat even the fastest collies in time. she is slightly built so has the lightening quick turn of a collie but the bigger stride so covers more ground.
now we do have issues at the start as she is so manic- all my friends say that no matter where they are on the showground they know when im about to run as the high pitched screaming coming from sadie!! lol it can get embarassing!
i dont worry too much about her joints as she has both good hips and elbows. we do a thing called clever dogs which is half flyball and half agility- i dont do it often though as dont like the speed she hits the box with.
when i first started she was very clingy to me and didnt really work away- and ive noticed alot of gsd handler have to run extra fast even at the higher levels the dogs are reluctant to go far ahead. im lucky with sadie as i can really send her on and get her working away from me...which is great as she still really listens and we rarely take the wrong course as is the problem with dogs working away.
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

31-07-2009, 05:17 PM
I've known quite a few GSd's that compete at agility, and although they aren't necessarily as quick as most, they are certainly accurate, which oftens gets them the results. Good luck with the agility
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2