Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilly08
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2011, 06:43 AM

A great day at a companion show

had a great day sunday i show my dogs all over the st open and some champ shows but the best show have to be companion dog shows we visited great hale village hall near boston lincolnshire and my lovely shiba inu was best in show it was fun freindly and for a great cause the do have companion shows most weekends highly reccomended so if you like companion shows give it a shot he does look a little moth aeten as his coat ws coming out
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Oh lovely picture! I always say it's not the taking part that counts but the winning! Well done.

Parker has 4 best in show awards and 2 reserve best in shows from local dog shows and it is a lovely feeling taking the best dog home! (though of course we all take the best dog home!).
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Yes I think Companion Shows are a GREAT idea for pet dogs that are not of Show Quality (or for bringing a young dog out for the first time)!

It is great that pet owners can go home with a BIS without having to be KC registered etc.

I also love the novelty classes where I have seen some dogs which only an owner could love, go home with rosettes; I particularly like it if the children show as it gives them such joy and often is the start of a career in dogs!
lilly08
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2011, 05:59 AM
companion shows are great for everyone and raise money for all sorts of charity the best bit about the shows they have at great hale is they have at least 9 pedigree class the have there own best in show and they do companion dog club and at least 30 novelty class were they have best in show so weather you show or not its great fun for the whole family and you raising money for worthy causes
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Oooo i meant to go to that one and forgot,Do you know when the next one is ? bea is 4 mths now and could do with some practice before her first show in July
beautiful photo
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by tink View Post
Oooo i meant to go to that one and forgot,Do you know when the next one is ? bea is 4 mths now and could do with some practice before her first show in July
beautiful photo
Only dogs of 6 months of age or over are permitted to enter KC licensed events...............
lilly08
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-05-2011, 07:16 AM
if you go to the kenel club website they have a list of the shows that are held at great hale under companion dog club it shows all the shows listed 11/09/2011 Mrs P A Esson 01526 830281 Cats in Need, Sleaford 09.00 - 17.30 Hale Magna Village Hall, Little Hale Road, Great Hale, Nr Sleaford Lincolnshire but there is a few more in lincolnshire come up soon
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Only dogs of 6 months of age or over are permitted to enter KC licensed events...............
I thought age didnt matter for a companion show,oh well never mind,she'll have to wait until July
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by lilly08 View Post
if you go to the kenel club website they have a list of the shows that are held at great hale under companion dog club it shows all the shows listed 11/09/2011 Mrs P A Esson 01526 830281 Cats in Need, Sleaford 09.00 - 17.30 Hale Magna Village Hall, Little Hale Road, Great Hale, Nr Sleaford Lincolnshire but there is a few more in lincolnshire come up soon

Thank you
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by tink View Post
I thought age didnt matter for a companion show,oh well never mind,she'll have to wait until July
Not all companion dog shows are KC licesned ....some are just run by local charities etc and will allow younger pups. Worth looking about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >