Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 11:32 AM

Flat Dog Tags

I recently bought Cooper a flat name tag,one that was supposed to slide onto his collar, I couldn't justify £10 for one so went with a cheaper version.
I'm quite pleased with the quality of it, the engraving is nice and deep and it was delivered very quickly.
I slid it onto his collar but because it was flat and not curved to the neck it pressed into his neck slightly, I wasn't happy with it where it was, so thankfully I could easily change his collar so I removed the ring at the back of the neck (it was an American hunting style collar)
and put the tag there and made it into a standard collar instead.
It sits much better at the back of the neck and especially being a short coated Dally it's very easy to see if he did stray away and someone needed to use it. It also doesn't jangle like the hanging collar tags.

Does anyone know where the flat collar tags are supposed to sit on the collar? Are they meant to be at the back of the neck?

You can just see the tag on this picture
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Anyone had one?
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Tobys usually sits at the side of his neck and doesn't bother him there, but we got the curved one from indigocollartags. It was more expensive but its lovely quality (and they'll replace free if it gets worn). It does look more noticable at the back of the neck, I've had a couple of people think Toby didn't have one on as it sort of blends in to his collar (both are usually mud coloured!)