Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lozzy100
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-06-2006, 07:33 AM

my babies

Hi Guys,

I took Star and Lola out too brooklands park the other day where they enjoyed it, but star keeps jumping into the lake there and then struggles to get out, so i have to hold Lola back from joining star in the fun and try and grab star and pull her out,,all the while Lola is struggline with me to jump in,,the amount of times i have nearly fell in well i have lost count,.lol

Nige took them both for a walk to the beach a couple of weeks ago, now i have told him not to let them of their leads because of the main road ,,what does he do let them off, he said it was ok because the tide was out so they were right away from the road, well star heard a noise and ran to see what it is,,she spotted a jogger on the other side of the busy road and went running straight out into the traffic lola followed and omg nige said 2 cars had to slam on their brakes he said he thought they were hit at one point,,URGG WHY DONT MEN LISTEN...lol, thankfully they were ok and not hit, i think nige will now listen to me in future.

I am now looking for another cav king charles, i am looking for a black n tan or ruby i think they are so sweet looking.

Is it normal for a bitch of 8 months not too of had a season yet?? i am waiting for lola to come into season, but still no sign, although she is trying to hump star is this normal..emm maybe this is a sign that she is coming into season i dont know, as some of you know i am going to breed from lola on her secound or third season, i have had lots of good advice from various breeders who breed CKC i was going to get lola heart and eye cheaked a few weeks ago but my vet advised i should get it done nearer the time when i feel she is ready to be mated with, does anyone know why it is best too leave it until then??

Hugs Loz xx
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2006, 08:52 AM
8 months is perfectly normal, if she's humping then she may be heading in the right direction, if she does come in season you may have to wait a bit longer before mating her, as she would still be too young on her 2nd and possibly her 3rd season.

I used to have cavaliers many years ago, but I think it would be frowned upon if you bred from your girl before the age of 2 years, I 'think' the Cavalier code of ethics states that they shouldn't be bred from before the age of 2.1/2 years, your best bet would be to speak to Inca, she is a mine of information when it comes to Cavaliers.
Lozzy100
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-06-2006, 09:48 AM
sorry my previous thread did not come out in the way i would want, i would NEVER breed her before the age of 2 ,,i have done all my homework and have spoke to many breeders includeing inca who has been a HUGE help, i am not going into this with my eyes shut, i have looked into the bloodlines etc etc, and it may even be that lola wont be able to be bred from just like star, star has been spade due to heart probs, i am on the lookout for another bitch but unlike when i got star and lola i knew nothing about the bloodlines or testing involved, so now i will make sure that the next babie i get will be of parents who hold current clear eye and heart certs, and that i understand the bloodlines etc,,i have not had much sleep of late that is why i have left out info from the previous thread, but thank you for your post, i know only too well that there are ppl who just think it is a case of putting 2 dogs together and that is all there is too it, and wow there is so much more to it than just that, even i am shocked as to how much is invovled but it is well worth it too ensure you have a healthy bitch and pups.

Anyway i will let you know if and when lola is ready

Hugs to you Loz xxx
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2006, 10:06 AM
i agree with your vet its best to get the tests done before you want to mate her ( IF ALL IS WELL ) ....its saves you having to get it done again as they are done yearly
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2006, 10:14 AM
just to add pippa was 11months when she had her first season