View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Jen, I have difficulty enough turning over because of my stupid unresponsive and useless body, but the thought of trying to turn over even with a responsive body when "settled" into a memory foam mattress makes me shudder.

I have - sort of - sort of sorted out my mattress and toppers as best I can for my particular useless body, but it took me years [and countless mattresses and a nawful lotta dosh] to get where I am now. And it is still not perfect as for me it is not just being unable to turn over without a struggle, I am totally unable to get from a laying position into a sitting position, so getting out of [off of] my bed requires what would probably look hysterically funny to anyone watching!

But - it is the best I can do and once I have managed to get Pereg to shift so I can get into the only position in which I can sleep, I can literally feel my vertebrae and joints relax [can hear them as well], so I get to sleep quickly.

My main problem, of course, is Pereg needing to get me up to let her out in the night, but I am usually lucky enough to get back to bed and sleep fairly quickly. The same with having to get up for her early morning pill. If I am lucky and my vertebrae and joints are still relaxed and I can get back into the same position, it hardly disturbs me.

But if I am having a bad night then nothing helps, and short of taking strong sleeping pills [no way] I just have a bad night and have to hope that the next one will be better.
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2013, 10:31 PM
We have a tempur mattress and have had it now for about 5 years - we love it; don't find it too hot, not difficult to turn over, great if I go to bed first, never feel OH getting into bed. It was expensive, but worth every penny. We go on holiday and its the one thing we look forward to coming home to, a comfy bed
Bailiie too has a memory foam mattress which she got for Christmas. It's the best bed she's ever had, she never wants to get up,in a morning which has been wonderful, especially at weekends when we can have a lie in ��

egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2013, 05:25 PM
We've just ordered a new memory foam mattress with cool gel because of the too hot feeling we had with plain memory foam. Have a google, they seem quite popular these days. Can't report on it for a couple of weeks until it's delivered.

A few years back we got memory foam toppers. Made hubby sweat. Note they are not washable, they get amnesia, ended up 10' long when they came off the line, LOL
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Interesting to read all your views.
I've decided I'm stuck with mine because I just can't to replace it. I have had to buy a replacement shower cubicle today The doors kept coming off the runners on the one we have got. We have put it back on so often it eventually gave up the ghost
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2013, 08:25 PM
I used to have a lovely memory foam mattress that had a summer side and a winter side. It was so comfy and I slept so well on it (well for me).
When it got really old and past it I couldn't afford one like I had, so bought a good deep plain memory foam mattress but my goodness it was awful and I couldn't sleep on it at all, I was constantly waking with back ache.

I then bought a cheapish mattress which had miracoil springs and memory foam and I have to say it is an amazing mattress and so comfy. I have had it a couple of years now and I never wake up with backache and I have never had such a comfy matress in my life.
I bought it from a bed place online and they delivered free the next day.
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Has anyone got one?

How do you get on with it?

Thoughts and experiences please
I hate ours, my back isn't great and the 'moulding' action hasn't helped. I recently swapped it with the rock hard one from the spare bedroom - much better!
They do seem to hold warmth as well, which is a good thing in the winter months - well most months!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Hubby wants a memory foam mattress but our concern is me. My temperature for some odd reason goes up when I'm asleep and OH is worried I will end up overheated (makes me sound like a dodgy car!) and sweating like mad.

Is this the case?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2013, 06:20 PM
We needed a new mattress ..... but my OH thought we didn't So I went out and bought a memory foam topper for the mattress and it is fantastic. It does keep me warm and I love it.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2