Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2008, 04:51 PM
a site where results are posted?
Results for the group placings and BIS can be found at www.showdogsireland.com there is an Irish KC website but there is not much on it.

is it a four day show?

Sorry!
All Irish shows are one day (except this one was two days last year, but wasn't worth a repeat) and all but two are on a saturday or a Bank Holiday. This is a very small Country and with ferry fares being expensive, entries are small relative to the UK. The biggest entries are for the circuit shows in August but even those are one day affairs. It's great because you can see every breed and BIS, often there is obedience and agility on the same day too. It's a good day out.
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Good luck to everyone that is going

I'm really looking forward to going to the shows in Ireland now
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2008, 07:02 AM
Well I had a cr@p day with a judge who didn't even look at Diva, he was talking to the steward when I was going round the ring, didn't even get his hands on her so that was a waste of time.
However, Rose went BOB in Labs with her chokkie bitch (the one in the swimming pics) so she had a great day. Nothing in the Group but it's a particularly strong one. The sun blazed down and the temperature was about 100 degrees or so it felt, we were all creeping into the hall by the end to escape it - very unusual in Ireland!
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Well I had a cr@p day with a judge who didn't even look at Diva, he was talking to the steward when I was going round the ring, didn't even get his hands on her so that was a waste of time.
However, Rose went BOB in Labs with her chokkie bitch (the one in the swimming pics) so she had a great day. Nothing in the Group but it's a particularly strong one. The sun blazed down and the temperature was about 100 degrees or so it felt, we were all creeping into the hall by the end to escape it - very unusual in Ireland!
Sorry you didn't have a very good day I find that very rude of the judge to do that. I had it happen to me once and I stopped at the first corner of the triangle until she was paying attention, I think she felt a bit embarassed.

Well done to Rose for getting BOB

We have a show next week and I am praying it is not as hot as it was here yesterday (34'c) it's just too hot even for my breed who love the heat.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

01-06-2008, 09:00 AM
It's not nice when you get a judge like that. Sorry you had a rotten day. We all know you some you win some and you lose, but it is worse when the judge does not even look at your dog. You feel you have wasted your entry money.

Well done to Rose tho'
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks. I remember years ago a friend of mine was very annoyed that she went into the ring - I think it was Southern Counties but that's not important - and she got the same treatment. Although not expecting to be placed in what was a large class, she said she had paid the same entry fee as everyone else and felt entitled to the same attention from the judge to her dog as everyone else. It happened to me last year as well - funnily enough, that was an Italian judge too, and he did something very odd - in Ireland we have to stand in ring number order in the ring so you can't choose to go first or last or anywhere - and he placed EVERY class in the ring number order, so whoever was first in the line got first, next was second... etc. I did consider changing my surname to Aardvark!!!!!
Another one to go on the blacklist..... which is getting longer!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Sorry things did not go so well.How rude of the judge, and to miss the chance of getting her hands on Diva too. I could not resist the opportunity!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2008, 05:47 AM
Shona sorry I didn't see your Rottie friend there BUT he went Best In Show! It's up on the website now with a pic of him.

www.showdogsireland.com
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Shona sorry I didn't see your Rottie friend there BUT he went Best In Show! It's up on the website now with a pic of him.

www.showdogsireland.com
Ah brill he will be so chuffed, he had hopped to do well,
I cant seem to find it on the link,, what bit do I go into, im such a duffus with that sort of thing,,,
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2008, 10:13 AM
cool got it now,, duh,, coffee has kicked in x

Hes a lucky man, you could go all your life in rotties and never have a dog like jovi, he has to be seen to be believed, with such a super nature to go with the looks,, {I do think he and kaos are very alike,,lol} but jovi does move far better
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >