Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 02:15 PM

I knew they were bad but...

I cannot believe how much these two shed!

I have just spent 30 minutes grooming and stripping Takara and 15 minutes on Ed, I only stopped because we don't have a grooming table and I had started to seize up but they are still distributing a fine layer of white over everything!

Having said that, Takara does feel gorgeous now that she's all groomed properly, I'll finish Ed off later when I've had chance to recover!
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-07-2006, 02:23 PM
oh gawd tell me about it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 02:29 PM
its one way of toning your arm muscles
I have to groom mine each day anyway, but I must admit that over the past couple of weeks they have shed like never before
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie
I cannot believe how much these two shed!

I have just spent 30 minutes grooming and stripping Takara and 15 minutes on Ed, I only stopped because we don't have a grooming table and I had started to seize up but they are still distributing a fine layer of white over everything!

Having said that, Takara does feel gorgeous now that she's all groomed properly, I'll finish Ed off later when I've had chance to recover!

My Brother has a Dalmation x and I have never seen so much Hair he has been here for 2 Days and theres little white Hair every where
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
its one way of toning your arm muscles
I have to groom mine each day anyway, but I must admit that over the past couple of weeks they have shed like never before
Amanda, ours should be groomed every day

I've only just started doing it and it looks like it'll be at least an hour everyday. Trouble is, Takara's such a pain! I'll definitley be getting a table to put up in the back garden!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Amie
My Brother has a Dalmation x and I have never seen so much Hair he has been here for 2 Days and theres little white Hair every where
Yep! they're notoriously bad for shedding!

Trouble is, Ed's quite long haired for a dalmatian so while you're grooming him his hair doesn't come out much and then as soon as you've finished he seems to shed everywhere!
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 02:40 PM
This is Billy-Bob he is the most lovely lad.He has come too mine for the week to play with Parker he is crossed with a cocker spaniel(Rescue) Which of those two breeds makes him so Thick
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie
Amanda, ours should be groomed every day

I've only just started doing it and it looks like it'll be at least an hour everyday. Trouble is, Takara's such a pain! I'll definitley be getting a table to put up in the back garden!
It kills your back doesn't it, when your doing them on the floor. I tend to sit down on my little stool and do them in the garden. that was until the neighbours complained about the number of dog hairs in the back lane So now, i have to do it in the house. Micha is the hardest as she's a long haired GSD and at this rate, I'm going to start looking like Arnie Swartznaeger (can't spell his name, but i'm sure you'll know who i mean)
When I do a 'full' groom, ie. comb, wash, dry and finish, then Micha takes 5 hours, Luke takes me 3 hours and Kim and Sam take 2 hours each. So if I did this every day, then it would take me ALL day.
They feel better for it though, so keep persevering
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Tell me about it!!

My lot are shedding bucketfulls. I'm grooming them twice a day, just to try and keep on top ot if.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Thanks I've no doubt that she feels better for it! It would take me a lot longer to wash them but I tend not to do it too much as they are prone to skin conditions so I try to keep their coats as natural as possible!
They are due another wash though because they are both looking a bit yellow!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >