View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Actually I haven't heard anything I felt was cruel or even bad, they are doing their best in a bad situation. Would the dogs be better elsewhere ? of course but the OP hasn't described any cruelty that any of the animal rescue organisations would do anything about.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Actually I haven't heard anything I felt was cruel or even bad, they are doing their best in a bad situation. Would the dogs be better elsewhere ? of course but the OP hasn't described any cruelty that any of the animal rescue organisations would do anything about.
I'm not sure what post you've been reading then These two dogs are in the care of two people who don't want them.One of whom "hates" them!!Feels like he wants to " kill" them or " hit" or " kick" them. They have been abandoned by their owners and left in this situation.I agree it is not the OP's fault,but the dogs are NOT in a loving,caring,stable environment....that IS cruel
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
I'm not sure what post you've been reading then These two dogs are in the care of two people who don't want them.One of whom "hates" them!!Feels like he wants to " kill" them or " hit" or " kick" them. They have been abandoned by their owners and left in this situation.I agree it is not the OP's fault,but the dogs are NOT in a loving,caring,stable environment....that IS cruel

No I think you are reading more into it than is there, just thinking about an action doesn't mean he will do it, they appear to be doing their best by their actions. If you have never lived with a dog you didn't want I can see why you feel as you do but those of us who have will see this as just letting off a bit of hot air to enable you to carry on and do what has to be done.

It isn't ideal for the dogs of course but it isn't cruel.

I just hope they can find an answer before it gets worse for them all.
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
FEELS like he wants to kill them, he hasn't actually hit or kicked them.
Infact, he is tending to their basic needs and taking them with him all around the ranch while the girlfriend takes them jogging....

The man doesn't like the dogs, two badly behaved, boisterous ones have been foisted upon him.
They aren't doing anything wrong apart from making the best of a bad situation and trying to ensure the dogs are cared for.

There's a big difference between feeling and doing, I've had murderous thoughts about my animals before, like when my old cat ran out and pounced on an injured pigeon that fell off my roof, when my rabbit ran the whole length of our living room with the sole intention of biting my toddler or when my dog decided to jump in a big pile of poo then run all through my house and on and off my chenille sofa but I would never actually hurt any of them!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 02:04 PM
I made a mistake,the OP didn't say her boyfriend " feels like" she said "wants to kill these dogs" followed by " literally"
The word " spastic" was also used," less effort than their worth".Not everyone who " hates" dogs would threaten to hurt or kill them.In my opinion if the OP was trying to do what's right by these dogs,she'd not let them spend another second with this guy.Violent words to be using just to let off a bit of steam
In response to what you said Laura,hand on heart the thought of harming any animal has ever entered my head,not for a second.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 02:15 PM
No not everyone would but unless he actions those thoughts he hasn't done anything cruel.

Really glad you have only lived with dogs you never had a murderous thought over. Even baby Betty got a death stare this morning and a mutter you won't make your first birthday if you carry on like that young lady today ! All forgiven now she is asleep on my lap and she thought it was all good fun this morning too LOL
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
No not everyone would but unless he actions those thoughts he hasn't done anything cruel.

Really glad you have only lived with dogs you never had a murderous thought over. Even baby Betty got a death stare this morning and a mutter you won't make your first birthday if you carry on like that young lady today ! All forgiven now she is asleep on my lap and she thought it was all good fun this morning too LOL
Azz
Administrator
Male 

11-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Hi Kelsey, I am glad you are trying to do your best for these dogs - it sounds like a really unfair situation to have been put in.

I guess you have a few options:

- Speak to your boss
- Rehome them (if you are allowed to)
- Rehome them (and say they ran off - but face consequences from your boss and/or legal)
- Try to get used to them, maybe build them a nice living area in a barn or something
- Get another job

I guess you have to decide what's best for you all - but please do let us know how you get on.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Could you contact animal control and ask what it's he best course if action in these circumstances? If you are going to contact the owners and give them an ultimatetum to get the dogs or they will be rehomed I think you should do this is writing so that you're not relying on a phone call.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 04:57 PM
I agree, write to both owners. Say that these were not conditions of your contract to undertake this job and ask that they either arrange suitable alternative accommodation for them or will accept whatever alternative homing you can come up with. I do not think you can do any better than that. You cannot be expected to take on these two dogs after you have accepted the post. Good luck.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >