View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Thats what they are trying to do. the goverment is saying that they "will" catch, microchip, spay & neuter all strays. And then let them back on the streets as no one will take the the strays. But I don't know when they will do that.

The Greek people are terrible with their dogs though. Not all of them of course, but the majority.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2004, 07:53 PM
That's so sad
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2004, 08:41 PM
I've seen so many dogs dumped, cause the people don't want to bother with finding them homes. SO they just dump them, and hope that they survive. Then you've got the dogs who spend all their lives chained up to a tree or doghouse. I hate and love Greece at the same time. But I guess its more of a case of "love Greece, hate the Greeks". I think thats why I want to go there, run a boarding kennel, and somewhere for a few homeless dogs to stay, be a practicing behaviourist, train alot, and groom. I want to make a difference in those dogs lives!

I lifted a pup off the street once, he was dumped in a plasitc sack. The poor babe had sores all over his body and was sick with parvo. He died in my arms 13 hours later. When something like that happens to you it makes you mad! And it makes you want to DO something.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2004, 07:27 AM
I have read that vets from DK have been to Greece to castrate the dogs. They worked for free, and I suppose that vets from other countries has done the same.

But I´m wondering: does it help anything?
Will sending voulenteer vets from other countries get the greek vets to do their job and the greek people to be more responsable?
And will the gouvermnet change their polotic as long as trained people from other countries tries to solve thier problems?

I think not..

Protests from other countries and tourists who do something about it (either by speaking their mind in a large number or by boycutting the country) would have an effect.

But then again; who should through the first stone??
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2004, 09:58 AM
anything that can be done even if it wont solve the problem is worth it ,these vets are doing a great thing and prob saving 100's of lifes

the more people can do the better
Is there a petition started up yet?
or a way to let the gov know they will lose money from tourists if they dont act to solve the problem?
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2004, 11:50 AM
PurpleJackdaw: Not that I know of.

But it would be a good idea.. At least instead of fighting about it as we are doing right now on the danish site
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2004, 12:00 PM
someone like you amts could start a petition
have a look at this site where you can start one

http://www.ethical-business.com/
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2004, 12:28 PM
PurpleJackdaw: Thanks. But I´m not sure that´s for me.

Not that I don´t think its worth it, but the debate on the dansih site shows me that before starting a petition (which I would like to have a number of people to support) I think we need to have a talk about what our purpose is.
Its hard to follow up and get results if we cant even get a number of people to agree of the purpose.

I wish you all could read the dansih langues, cause the debate on the dansih site shows how a good corse can turn ugly even be about totally other subjects when people either disagree or misunderstand eachother

I started the subject in here to get your opinions and to see if you had any facts about the case.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2004, 12:30 PM
Hi AM

Yeah its not nice reading is it?
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Hi J.

Try reading it today