View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 12:50 AM
I always tend to find that places more in the countryside are willing to accept dogs than in towns and cities.

If you already had the dog you could explain how well kept he/she is and is totally clean and trustworthy in the house and well exercised so never a problem etc...You will find that even if some ll's had not considered pets before or were even slightly against it that they may be swayed.

I wouldn't tell them you will have a young pup because they will be concerned about house training etc...I would tell them you already have a dog and leave it at that...The dog will be near full grown in a few months anyway by the time the ll might pop round and they will have never known it was actually a pup when you moved in. It will only be a white lie. So long as they are ok with accepting a dog and that dog is written into the contract, which it will be you wont have much to worry about.

If you do find somewhere then really go that extra mile to prove that your dog wont be a nuisance...as we all know, there are owners and their are owners...I.E: good and bad...I can understand some ll's not wanting to take on people who let the dog / pets run riot and tear things up and that arn't clean but on the other hand some other owners keep their dogs immaculately and there would be no cause for concern.

Once you have been accepted with one place give the ll there a brilliant impression and you will then get a good reference in return that you can show so future ll's can see the dog was no problem, that way the place after the 1st will be easier to get the dog accepted

Look hard on that website I gave, you should be able to find at least loads of places for rent on that and hopefully some that you can learn will accept a dog. The ratio will be about 90% to 10% but their are places out there and they arn't all dumps either

Don't easily accept places that want to bump up your monthly rent by a great deal, that's just not fair and their are loads of places that wont...The one thing they do all tend to do is to write in the contract that carpets will have to be professionally cleaned and fumigated on your leaving, but even then if you have kept the place in very good order they may not keep you to that clause, I tend to think it is a just incase clause that they can lay on you should they find you wern't very considerate with keeping clean etc.
DinoAndana
New Member!
Male 

23-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Ok, thought I'd thank you for all the help youve been giving, as well as give a few more details.
Furnished or unfurnished isnt a huge problem, it can be sorted out afterwards.
I wasnt planning on getting a young puppy, for many reasons, but the main one being I cant stand to see so many dogs in shelters all the time.
The not telling the landlord is an ok option, its just i wouldnt like the risk of having to being weary everytime i went out or settling in an then finding another place again.

Dino
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 01:12 PM
No, you are right that you should be honest about having the dog I wouldn't want to worry either...I should imagine that it wont be so difficult with a slightly older dog because of housetraining...What I would say is that it would be fine to not go into great detail about the dog...I.E: that you only just aquired him / her, they needn't know that...

You will find something Keep trying and good luck
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2