Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DinoAndana
New Member!
Male 

21-11-2005, 09:21 PM

Dogs In London

Ok, I dont know how succesful this will be but its worth a shot.
After much deliberation and thinking, aswell as the fact I've loved them since i was a kid, I decided to get a dog.
Problem is, after searching, I cant find any accomodation that accepts dogs. I live in London now and my current apartment's landlord wont accept them.
Any help anyone could give regarding any estates or apartments to rent in London or just outside which would accept a dog would be VERY much appreciated.

Thanks
Dino
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2005, 09:45 PM
we are with servite housing ass,and they accept dogs. try n go on their list.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2005, 12:49 AM
If your looking for a place to rent, this is a good place to start...In most of the descriptions they tell you if dogs are allowed

http://www.primelocation.com
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2005, 12:52 AM
If it doesn't say about dogs being allowed then just call the agent and ask

some places may say no in the first instance but may well be willing to consider if they think things will work out.

Hope you find somwhere!
DinoAndana
New Member!
Male 

22-11-2005, 08:50 AM
Thanks for both those ideas guys, ill look into them right away.

Dino
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2005, 10:27 AM
A lot of landlords will not accept dogs but sometimes allow it if you agree to either:

pay a higher rent in case your dog causes damage to the property - this works in landlord's favour in most cases if you trust you dog won't cause damage

or

Sign an agreement to pay for damage to property.

Hope this helps! Sorry don't know any places though.
DinoAndana
New Member!
Male 

22-11-2005, 05:27 PM
sure, every little helps. Its just amazing how hard it is for landlords to accept dogs sometimes, i mean, whats not to like about them!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2005, 06:49 PM
probably damage or noise to them.
good luck in your search
Daysleeper40
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-11-2005, 09:36 PM
Hi, I havn't had to look for rented accomodation that will take dogs as I am currently without a canine friend

BUT I do have three moggies - our landlord / letting agency were fine with them as we offered to have it written into our contract that we would have the carpets steam cleaned when we leave. It's because of concerns about future residents being allergic apparently. A lot of places we approached wouldn't consider pets at all but some do have "pet clauses" such as our steam cleaning so hopefully you will be able to find somewhere.

Also found that NOWHERE renting furnished accom would take pets - not a problem for us as we wanted unfurnished anyway but I don't think you said in your orig message...

Anyway - good luck, I hope things work out for you!
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2005, 11:07 PM
This thread brings back bad memories. Back in the days when I was renting I had real trouble finding anywhere that would take me and my dog. I always ended up either in really grotty flats because that was all I could get, or just sneaking the dog into the house without telling the landlord. I always got found out after a few months though. I think that's the reason I bought a house when I was quite young - I really didn't have much choice.

In my experience small private landlords were more willing to allow pets, and large agencies just had a blanket ban on them across all their properties. I never really understood why because unless you've got a young puppy dogs don't really do any damage do they? Small landlords may have more to lose if they don't let their houses, so might be more willing to compromise.

The other alternative - just not telling them about the dog really depends on how honest you are and whether your landlord comes round unannounced. On the times I tried to get away with this I usually got caught out but once the landlords have got a tenant in, they'd usually prefer to keep you and the dog rather than go through the hassle of finding new tenants. Once they can see the dog really isn't doing any harm they're usually OK. It's not a very secure option though.

Good luck with it all.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >