Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Benzmum has sent me a link that is a rescue for aggressive dogs which can offer to keep them if they can not be rehab'd to be rehomed.
The hard work begins trying to get Pats mom to understand that she isn't doing this dog any favours as she can not see that she is doing anything wrong.....to her it is just a dog

£50 for a slap eh! well worth the £50 pounds I think.

As for time to eat and sleep, well I was telling hali that last weeks i felt terrible and so tired....looks like that will continue then.
QW she does have a cat....I got it her 3 years ago when she was saying she was lonely....some good that did then the cat is fine though as he's always asleep on the bed...

But did you know cats and dogs are different!!!!!, cats come come and go and are independant..........
Dogs are just dogs.. ...but they have a use....guarding the back of the house incase someone climbs over the fence.....her words not mine
and the dog needs some quality of life allso . poor little chap . he cant live forever ,like that can he . its just not right the rescue ,for aggressive dogs sounds ,like a poss plan if you have ,a chat with them . its just so sad ,he is that way . maybe he might change . that would be nice wouldnt it . with the right person ,to show him , a diffrent life
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Well been up there ealier, managed to get him off the chain this time it only took approx half hour and alot of liver treats.
Took him a walk with Pats brother Brian.....he's been TOLD he;s going to start working with me on him...
He only lunged a few times tonight, which was better than last night, although he ran round and round in circles on the lead....must try to walk straight I have a feeling that the collar is tight or he has a issue with it associating it with being on a chain. But will have to see to that in time as I don't feel this is a right time to take a hold of it, as he growls, not bad, but a warning growl, which I respect
I have a harness that will fit him, but need to work out whether he will let me put it on, but if he does, I think that would be more comfy for him. Kazz has offered to loan me a training lead, which I will keep shortish at first but we;ll work with that, so Sunday hopefully we will have him out over the park.....we have taken him before but that was last year, so i am hoping we can get him in the car, Brian is coming, so that will be better as he and I can keep a safe distance between him and Bruce, as he snaps/lunges at male dogs....and Bruce would object. I can walk him a safe distance from ours and Pat can keep ours with him over the park.

Photo's will be taken.......
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 09:53 PM
That's great Steph, you've come a long way with him in such a short time, he obviously trusts you a little bit now. Just goes to show what a bit of attention can do. Poor dog. what did MIL say?
Cant wait to see the pics
Elaine xxx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 09:55 PM
really just wanted to offer good luck in getting this poor wee dog away from your MIL.

Its such a shame that he has this life and as you say he is an accident waiting to happen if he isnt rehabilitated soon.

I know exactly what you are facing as all the dogs in our small area of Italy are chained in yards protecting the homes and the animals, although in the last few years have noticed that many get to roam the properties now with no chain which is better than before, But they wouldnt dream of having them in the house.. just a totally different attitude....
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
That's great Steph, you've come a long way with him in such a short time, he obviously trusts you a little bit now. Just goes to show what a bit of attention can do. Poor dog. what did MIL say?
Cant wait to see the pics
Elaine xxx
Well she is still speaking, although seemed alittle quiet, if I can just turn Brian round to taking him out I think we maybe in with a chance....but as the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but........you know the rest
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
really just wanted to offer good luck in getting this poor wee dog away from your MIL.

Its such a shame that he has this life and as you say he is an accident waiting to happen if he isnt rehabilitated soon.

I know exactly what you are facing as all the dogs in our small area of Italy are chained in yards protecting the homes and the animals, although in the last few years have noticed that many get to roam the properties now with no chain which is better than before, But they wouldnt dream of having them in the house.. just a totally different attitude....
I spent 10 days in France and noticed that too, same in Portugal, but they were loose in the gardens, I am fighting the ''''loose the chain'''' at the moment.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Poor you guys and of course the poor dog. Just reading how bad this is making you feel and the poor dog, so sad. Goodluck with all you are doing and I so hope she lets you do the right thing by this poor dog.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Poor you guys and of course the poor dog. Just reading how bad this is making you feel and the poor dog, so sad. Goodluck with all you are doing and I so hope she lets you do the right thing by this poor dog.
Thanks Hun
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 08:23 AM
good i bet he thinks his luck is changeing . its amazing how ,just a diffrent life ,walks ect ,will bring him a long ,just have to becareful ,with bruce . is this the dog you took to sutton in the summer time ,last year ,with pats brother . i can remeber you ,saying ,you took a dog of ,your mother in laws for a walk . and how he enjoyed himself . terrible shame it has come to this . i hope things , turn round for him .
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
good i bet he thinks his luck is changeing . its amazing how ,just a diffrent life ,walks ect ,will bring him a long ,just have to becareful ,with bruce . is this the dog you took to sutton in the summer time ,last year ,with pats brother . i can remeber you ,saying ,you took a dog of ,your mother in laws for a walk . and how he enjoyed himself . terrible shame it has come to this . i hope things , turn round for him .
Same one hun.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 09:45 AM
great you have made progress with the dog.... shame about your MIL....

can you not tie her up? see how she likes it?
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6