Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
What the hell is the dog guarding tied up? It can't go anywhere!

I think Steph means that if someone is near it will bark
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 06:07 PM
To Steph - Riiiiiiiight, of course.

Elaine, I know but doesn't it still seem silly that that is her only reason? A burglar would take one look, see it's tied up and walk round the outside!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
To Steph - Riiiiiiiight, of course.

Elaine, I know but doesn't it still seem silly that that is her only reason? A burglar would take one look, see it's tied up and walk round the outside!
Not if it's on a long chain and as I said the dog will bark!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
I think Steph means that if someone is near it will bark
Yea your right, the garden is fenced with the back gate leading to a road...so anyone climbing over the dog would bark and go mad, these are back to back house with walk ways and road leading from the pub etc., the house is big and if she is in the front of it, the dog barking would make her feel safe.
In jamacia where she comes from they are know as ''yard dogs' earning thier keep by protecting the property, they never set foot inside a house and the chains are a good length so they can walk up and down....also proventing anyone taking the dog off, as the chains are padlocked.....OK I know all scream, but this one is padlocked to the kennel.

I have spoken to the RSPCA again tonight and they have said that they will get the Inspector that went out to ring me next week for a chat, and put in a complaint from me, as i feel this is a dog dying from bordem, plus has issues with pat's mom too.

Somehow I will persuade her that this is cruel....even if I have to give up all my time doing so
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 06:21 PM
God Steph you have the patience of a Saint I hope it can get sorted for the poor dog. I was just going to ask you about Jamacia. I had a Jamacian neigbour back when I was a kid, wonder if that's where he got his 'training' ideas from. He had a dog chained up just like you said, lovely guy, that's where I got my taste for Jamacian food from, but crap with animals, he brought a chicken home one day and told us all it was for dinner. He had 3 daughters and me pleading for the life of chicken, he relented in the end
Elaine xxx

In the meantime, I would still have a word with her Priest until the RSPCA inspector calls round. He might be able to be there and persuade her, you never know hun. xxx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Poor dog, you do wonder why she keeps him. What possible satisfaction can she get from still having him around?
I think I would do what I could for him while keeping up the pressure for her to let him go to another home.
Good luck with that one though.
That's precisely what I was thinking.

I totally admire you in spending all that time working through his problems to get him to trust you enough to let you not only take the collar off, but to actually take him out. That is no mean feat, well done.

It is such a terrible pity that a perfectly sound dog has been turned into this distrustful creature - and little wonder, he must be driven crazy with boredom and frustration

Hopefully the 3-pronged attack of you, OH & the priest will maybe wear her down eventually. With a bit of luck she may find it easier to let him go than to keep him. I do hope so, poor boy, what a terrible way to live as he is
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Good grief. I hope the priest will come on board and I hope she listens to him.
Failing that, I hope the RSPCA can come up with something new.
Poor dog. Glad he's got you in his corner *hugs*
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
God Steph you have the patience of a Saint I hope it can get sorted for the poor dog. I was just going to ask you about Jamacia. I had a Jamacian neigbour back when I was a kid, wonder if that's where he got his 'training' ideas from. He had a dog chained up just like you said, lovely guy, that's where I got my taste for Jamacian food from, but crap with animals, he brought a chicken home one day and told us all it was for dinner. He had 3 daughters and me pleading for the life of chicken, he relented in the end
Elaine xxx

In the meantime, I would still have a word with her Priest until the RSPCA inspector calls round. He might be able to be there and persuade her, you never know hun. xxx
Well you saying that, Pat told me that when they were kids they were poor and had very little, anyway as you know his dad was a alcoholic, and used to bet on ''fighting cocks'' to get drink money, so him and his brother rescued one of the cocks and put it in the shed...hiding it from thier dad.
They came home from school and Mom was over the moon, she had chicken for dinner.....after eating it, Pat and his brother sneaked out to feed the cock,.....it had disappeared.....thier Dad had found it
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
That's precisely what I was thinking.

I totally admire you in spending all that time working through his problems to get him to trust you enough to let you not only take the collar off, but to actually take him out. That is no mean feat, well done.

It is such a terrible pity that a perfectly sound dog has been turned into this distrustful creature - and little wonder, he must be driven crazy with boredom and frustration

Hopefully the 3-pronged attack of you, OH & the priest will maybe wear her down eventually. With a bit of luck she may find it easier to let him go than to keep him. I do hope so, poor boy, what a terrible way to live as he is
Going to work on it hun.....Pat is backing me on this
pupsandpets
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Well I think you deserve a medal for trying os hard!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by pupsandpets View Post
Well I think you deserve a medal for trying os hard!
here here
Elaine xxx
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >