Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
o dear ,i can see your point ,like you say she is to old for ,him really . if he was say .like your reah ,that would be diffrent story ,as she would be company ect ,and more than manageable . its terrible shame for him . as she has probably ,brought his problems on ,chaining him up . all you can do is keep on at her ,about her age ect . and like you say ,take him out on the times you can manage . cant pat talk her round . is it a dog she wonts ,do you think or not
was just thinking ,if she would fancy a nice indoor dog ,like reah same calm and happy to plod around ,kinda life . then you could offer to rehome him (in time like you say ) and then get her a quiet old dog ,small ,for company in his place (if you get me ) the old folk can be very ,hard to reason with . the rescues as you know are full of old dogs ,that just wont a fire to lie by ,and a old lady to love (lol try that aproach
I wouldn't home a battery run one with her hun....but thats me being personal....she only wants one because everyone else has one, she is like dealing with a adult KID....if you get my meaning.

We've been over and over this time and time agin, the behaviour of this dog has tripled since she had him 18 months ago.
That is poor handling by the owner.....no other reason but that.
She has been here in the past and i have asked her not to ''tease'' these with chews etc., she is impossible to talk to at times....a stupid woman
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 01:29 PM
That poor wee dog.

I just can't see a happy ending to this at the moment
Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-05-2009, 01:44 PM
I can sympathise with these family issues. They eat you alive.
As others have suggested can't the dog 'accidently' slip his collar? thing is that where can he go when he does?
I wonder if also a word with an organisation such as Help the Aged or similar might be an idea. Old woman - apparently losing her marbles with a dog that wants to savage her - worried for her safety etc etc. This might get the dog PTS though.
Good luck - its horrible that you've been put into this situation.
Chin up
Hilary
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
My SIL has reported her to the RSPCA and because he is so well fed and housed they are powerless to do anything, but they have advised her about his aggression towards HER and the dangers...........:

Thank goodness he's got you but it's not right at all, I agree.

I'm surprised the sitation is still as above, because doesn't the Animal welfare Act come more into play? I thought animals had to be able to express their own behaviours for instance, that sort of thing...
which he clearly cannot do!

Wys
x
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 02:29 PM
gawd hun id hate to be in your shoes

i hope you can get this sorted soon...

(((hug)))
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Its a £50 quid fine for a slap, could be worth it...
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I wouldn't home a battery run one with her hun....but thats me being personal....she only wants one because everyone else has one, she is like dealing with a adult KID....if you get my meaning.

We've been over and over this time and time agin, the behaviour of this dog has tripled since she had him 18 months ago.
That is poor handling by the owner.....no other reason but that.
She has been here in the past and i have asked her not to ''tease'' these with chews etc., she is impossible to talk to at times....a stupid woman
trouble is he only has you to fight his corner i know what about a cat she only has to put the food out , a cat will take its self ,off out if you go and take him out enough , he might just break free ,and follow you home if he could talk ,he would tell you ,he hated her as well poor little soul
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Its a £50 quid fine for a slap, could be worth it...
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Fingers crossed and prayers for a dog loving priest. Well done you for trying to help her
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Good Luck Well Done for helping this dog the best you can x
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >