View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Oh hon, I really don't know what to suggest.....

Hugs x0x
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2009, 11:46 AM
I hope it works, fingers crossed, let us know.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Oh dear. What a horrid position to be in. Shame the chain couldn't be put on incorrectly and the back gate left open really....

Seriously though,w ell done you for trying to help this dog and it's boredom. Poor thing.
where does she live?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
I hope it works, fingers crossed, let us know.
I will.....thanks GUYS your one in a million.

I wwill get Pat to take me to her church tomorrow, so I can have a words....fingers XXXX her priest maybe able to have a ''little chat'' or advice.

This stupid idea that he is guarding the house is ridiculous as he never has any more in life that.

Off to buy a training lead (my is on lone) and will see if I can get him a good walk/run on that, can not let him off as he would defo turn on someone, but if we also take him to sutton park on Sunday Pat can entertain ours, whilst I take him off for a good mooch about.

Thanks Mum to Many....you may have just come up with a plan....will let you know
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
where does she live?
Small Heath.....guess what right over the bloody road from the park....how much closer can you wish to be...
Hun I stopped going to hers because we argued over this dog before, and I said my piece then, even mentioned that he was the type to turn aggressive....well should of had a bet, shouldn't I because he has. He is more SBT than anything only has a wire haired coat (obviously from whatever he's X'd with), his jaw is defo SBT, and if I really thought he wouldn't turn on someone or get killed on the roads, I would of opened the bloody gate
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Oh hon, I really don't know what to suggest.....

Hugs x0x
I have a suggestion Cuz...

But it involves digging up the patio and murder
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2009, 12:02 PM
When I first left home I lived in Small Heath in a road opposite the park, Dora Road I think it was called I used to go and play tennis with the local Asian kids in the park, as I remember its a fine park for walking dogs in , I really hope the Priest can talk some sense into her, and that dog has a chance of a good life.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 12:42 PM
o dear ,i can see your point ,like you say she is to old for ,him really . if he was say .like your reah ,that would be diffrent story ,as she would be company ect ,and more than manageable . its terrible shame for him . as she has probably ,brought his problems on ,chaining him up . all you can do is keep on at her ,about her age ect . and like you say ,take him out on the times you can manage . cant pat talk her round . is it a dog she wonts ,do you think or not
was just thinking ,if she would fancy a nice indoor dog ,like reah same calm and happy to plod around ,kinda life . then you could offer to rehome him (in time like you say ) and then get her a quiet old dog ,small ,for company in his place (if you get me ) the old folk can be very ,hard to reason with . the rescues as you know are full of old dogs ,that just wont a fire to lie by ,and a old lady to love (lol try that aproach
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Well done you for stepping in and tryineg everything you can. I really hope the priest can help you with this one. Fingers crossed.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
When I first left home I lived in Small Heath in a road opposite the park, Dora Road I think it was called I used to go and play tennis with the local Asian kids in the park, as I remember its a fine park for walking dogs in , I really hope the Priest can talk some sense into her, and that dog has a chance of a good life.
it's a decent size park for walking round, I get so frustrated with her, to a point where I really have ''hate'' feelings over this.
Two years ago she started about having a dog,.... she lives in the past and talks about when John (Pat's Dad) was alive and how he did this with a dog they had and did that.....but we;re talking 30 years plus ago...........
I said then I didn't want to help her get a dog, because I would not be a hypercrit and didn't think that she was mobile enough for one and i didn't agree with the training methods that John impossed on PAST dogs, and she had also inherited those training methods as being right....which I totally disagree with.

But one of the Grandson got this dog, no past history, displaying aggresson towards mop and broom stales, and things like that, I said right from day one....this is not the dog for you and your training methods, this will turn into downright aggression if it is not handled accordingly. And that is where we are today 18 months down the road.

This dog has been abused and now IMO can see a weak woman doing this again, someday I can see her having a fall, and that dog just going in for the kill, as as it is at the moment, he only has to set eyes on her and he is snarling, baring teeth, drooling etc., so I really need to get him off her, before it goes further.

Hopefully talking to the Priest will help, Pat knows him well, so hopefully she will listen to him, even if she won't listen to us.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »