Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
staffer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Animal View Post
I live in Leeds and I know exactly which shop you mean. I went in there about 8 weeks ago and they had staffies for sale displayed in a glass fronted enclosure. Yes they have been closed down loads of times, (I have reported them in the past) but they just change owner and re-open. The problem is the 'new' owner is generally a member of the family of the guy who owned it originally. I don't know if this is the case now, it does seem cleaner and better run, but still wouldn't trust it and I don't believe pet shops should be able to sell pups.

It gives you a good idea that it its known locally as 'The Dying World', probs can't say what its really called on here, but anyone want to know, drop me a PM.
yes i have been there as well it was not just the puppies it was reptails and birds they were being crule too as well and yes they ahvent realy been closed down they siply get there licence revoked till they clean up there act and then are issued with a new licence
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Well done for reporting it. I just hope something gets done. There's a pet shop a couple of miles from me that sells pups. They're in a tiny cage although it's always been clean when I've been in.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-12-2006, 04:43 PM
I cannot believe this...
The RSPCA foned back today to tell me they have given the pet shop a written warning for the conditions the animals are being kept in. A written warning? Are they being serious? I told them I dont think that will make the slightest bit of difference.
My local council on the other hand have said they are going to look into fining the pet shop, possibly taking them to court

Would you not think the RSPCA would have more interest in this than my local council? Obviously I was so wrong
Let's see what my local council come up with now.....watch this space.....
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-12-2006, 04:54 PM
The R.S.P.C.A are useless at times - last time I called them about a house that appeared to be lying dead in a field - they couldn't find the place and drove around for hours looking yet it was a place that was easlily acsessable and very easy to see from the road, they drove past the horse a few times before giving me a ring to say they couldn't find where the horse was and could I meet them to take them to where the horse was - I told them on the phone they were litterally standing over the road from where the poor animal was - got there, sadly with my daughter in tow (whom is a HUGE horse lover) only to see that they were standing right by the horse, yet they failed to spot it. I pulled up with my daughter who was screaming by this point as she could see only too clearly what they failed to spot.
staffer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by teenytiny View Post
I cannot believe this...
The RSPCA foned back today to tell me they have given the pet shop a written warning for the conditions the animals are being kept in. A written warning? Are they being serious? I told them I dont think that will make the slightest bit of difference.
My local council on the other hand have said they are going to look into fining the pet shop, possibly taking them to court

Would you not think the RSPCA would have more interest in this than my local council? Obviously I was so wrong
Let's see what my local council come up with now.....watch this space.....
didnt i say they would get a slap on the back of there hand and will be told not to do it again
staffer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
The R.S.P.C.A are useless at times - last time I called them about a house that appeared to be lying dead in a field - they couldn't find the place and drove around for hours looking yet it was a place that was easlily acsessable and very easy to see from the road, they drove past the horse a few times before giving me a ring to say they couldn't find where the horse was and could I meet them to take them to where the horse was - I told them on the phone they were litterally standing over the road from where the poor animal was - got there, sadly with my daughter in tow (whom is a HUGE horse lover) only to see that they were standing right by the horse, yet they failed to spot it. I pulled up with my daughter who was screaming by this point as she could see only too clearly what they failed to spot.
yes they are very useless at times but some times they are far other the top
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4