Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytails
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by teenytiny View Post
Hope I'm not sounding too drastic to you guys but this was truely awful what I saw today.
Not too drastic at all - those uncared for puppies clearly need someone like you who cares enough to take action. So although it was really upsetting to see, it's lucky that it was you who visited that pet shop because now they have some hope. Hugs to you !

If you want to share roughly whereabouts this shop is and if other forum members are also local, we could help too. I know I would if it's around here.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Oh that's awful The poor dogs. Well done for reporting them. Definately not too drastic, I hope they do something about it.
I didn't think pet shops sold dogs or cats any more I haven't seen any for at least 5 years anyway. I didn't think anyone would buy from a petshop now I guess there will always be someone.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2006, 05:52 PM
I thought itwas illegal too. Well done you!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2006, 06:05 PM
well done .. I would so the same let us know what happens
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Well done you, I hope they close it down. I have just come back from the shopping centre in Fuengirola, Spain where I saw a pet shop, I was so disgusted they have small glass cages in the window with 3-4 puppies in each, each cage only had ventilation on the back panel - which was facing the wall. Afraid I created quite a scene, luckily a few others joined me, at least we managed to get them moved slightly so the poor dogs could get some air - I'm just furious.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Well done for reporting them - it sounds like a really unsavoury set up I don't think I have ever seen puppies sold in a pet shop - thank god! I know there is a large pet "supermarket" in Blackpool and another in Manchester - with large different numbers of breeds for sale It is disgusting!
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Hi all...
I had a call from the RSPCA at 4pm, they are investigating and will call me as soon as they have visited the shop.
staffer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by teenytiny View Post
Hi all...
I had a call from the RSPCA at 4pm, they are investigating and will call me as soon as they have visited the shop.
dont hold your breath they will give them a slap on the hand and say dont do it again
gaz
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Firstly I would like to congratulate you on your actions you deserve a medal.
I would like to add to this thread what I have seen up town today, toy shops with for sale noticeboards in there window, advertising Fluffy pups for sale, they have a pic and the pup are 9weeks old and have ribbons and xmas decorations on and around them. The pups are £350 each or 2 for £600. I was gob smacked and asked the store manager if he thought this was right, he replied it is not his responsibility to check those adverts, they pay so its up to the seller.
Animal
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by ramoth View Post
Which area was in in Teeny?

Not sure about the RSPCA closing it down though, there is a pet shop in Leeds that sells allsorts of live animals including puppies and kittens, they are always being reported but they are still there, the whole shop is filthy and run by people who obviously don't give a damn
I live in Leeds and I know exactly which shop you mean. I went in there about 8 weeks ago and they had staffies for sale displayed in a glass fronted enclosure. Yes they have been closed down loads of times, (I have reported them in the past) but they just change owner and re-open. The problem is the 'new' owner is generally a member of the family of the guy who owned it originally. I don't know if this is the case now, it does seem cleaner and better run, but still wouldn't trust it and I don't believe pet shops should be able to sell pups.

It gives you a good idea that it its known locally as 'The Dying World', probs can't say what its really called on here, but anyone want to know, drop me a PM.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >