Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
When I lived in Newlyn, Cornwall, the local Fishermans' Arms had rings by every bench for attaching dog leads!
I've never seen those! There is only one pub round here that welcome dogs in to the actual pub. Other local pubs only let you take them in the garden.
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Our dogs go everywhere with us - if dogs are not allowed, then we don't go!
That's what we got our dog for - taking everywhere with us . And as you say, if dogs aren't allowed, we don't go either!
We don't have many pubs near us that allow dogs, I wish we did so we could use them to boost Bailiie's confidence a little. Instead we have to wait each year for our holiday in Cornwall as every other pub allows doggies down there, it's fab
I'm liking the sound of the Fishermans Arms in Newlyn, may have to pay it a visit in September; best not tell the OH about the best Cornish pasty in the world though as we may not go anywhere else!

Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Lovely! Yes I love dogs in pubs...is there anything more British! A pint and pooch...lovely!

When Tonks was a puppy she was in the pub a lot meeting people and other dogs. I clicker train with both my dogs and with Tonks in pubs I clicker trained/shaped settle down, clicking for standing calmly, then sitting then lying down...and before you know it they're asleep. Might like to take a blanket for hard floors though.
you aint serious on here really? are you

I really don't mind dogs in pubs, if they are well behaved of course
but if the dog owners would be clicker around there, it surely would me drive MAAAD!!!

so to me, dogs allowed ~ cklickers has to stay OUT!!!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2013, 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by Malpeki View Post
you aint serious on here really? are you

I really don't mind dogs in pubs, if they are well behaved of course
but if the dog owners would be clicker around there, it surely would me drive MAAAD!!!

so to me, dogs allowed ~ cklickers has to stay OUT!!!
Of course I'm serious! are you serious that you dont mind dogs in pubs if they are well behaved....but not someone training their dog to be well behaved while in the pub...interesting. Where better to train your dog to settle down in a pub, than in an actual pub! you can do the ground work before but at some point you have to get in the pub and do it....or do you have a better way of doing it? You wouldn't even hear the clicker over the hubbub in the pub, I never use a mega noisy one anyway as you can get much quieter ones now. If you're good at clicker training you'd only be using the clicker for a very very short length of time as the dog would understand what you asking them to do very quickly, and you'd be queuing it to a word quickly.

When you think if all the things you could find annoying in pubs, mobile phones, slot machines, drunk people talking too loud etc etc....a click is likely to go unnoticed!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2013, 06:27 AM
I love seeing well behaved under control dogs in pubs.
Sometimes when we are on our organised greyhound walks we will all end up in a dog friendly pub. All the greyhounds are great though and welcome the snoozing time in there while we chat, enjoy a drink and sometimes something to eat.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-05-2013, 06:38 AM
Never have being a pub frequenter - and way back then there were no such things as pub gardens or even sandwiches on offer, my husband had to meet a couple on business and because they lived quite a way up north it was arranged that we would meet in a pub in the Bushey/Watford Hertfordshire area.

I went along, not with a dog but with a four week old human baby - and was not permitted to take her into the pub as "children are not allowed".
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2013, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Never have being a pub frequenter - and way back then there were no such things as pub gardens or even sandwiches on offer, my husband had to meet a couple on business and because they lived quite a way up north it was arranged that we would meet in a pub in the Bushey/Watford Hertfordshire area.

I went along, not with a dog but with a four week old human baby - and was not permitted to take her into the pub as "children are not allowed".
That's rubbish isn't it! I like family friendly and dog friendly pubs! I don't expect them to provide free entertainment or anything just a friendly atmosphere good beer and food.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2013, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

I can remember those days Malka. When my boys were small you were not allowed to take children into pubs.
Showing our age now
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
That's rubbish isn't it! I like family friendly and dog friendly pubs! I don't expect them to provide free entertainment or anything just a friendly atmosphere good beer and food.
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I can remember those days Malka. When my boys were small you were not allowed to take children into pubs.
Showing our age now
But a four-week old baby? We were given the choice of either meeting in the car park or, if we paid, the use of a staff room.
Lol69
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Jasper has been going in pubs since he was a pup. Most of the pubs around here are dog friendly luckily and Jasper has been in 83 different pubs. Not sure what that says about the owners
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >