Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I agree with you where the GP is concerned regarding them seeing it as a right to manhandle dogs on benches... no wonder more and more people are using bench guards or crates,, and you will then hear the " that one must be vicious, because it is locked up" from them
This is probably a silly question, but what are bench guards? and I thought you had to have a crate to put your dog in at Crufts? Are they normally loose on benches then? Or have I got completely the wrong idea?

Also, why can't enhibotors leave with their dogs once they've finished inthe ring? I can understand from a safety point of view if everyone left (mass exodus) from the same exits atg the same time. but if people were leaving throughout the day (I mean without the opportunity of coming back wiht the dog) then wouldn't it make it easier and quicker for everyone to leave, overall?

Laura xx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2010, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
This is probably a silly question, but what are bench guards? and I thought you had to have a crate to put your dog in at Crufts? Are they normally loose on benches then? Or have I got completely the wrong idea?

Also, why can't enhibotors leave with their dogs once they've finished inthe ring? I can understand from a safety point of view if everyone left (mass exodus) from the same exits atg the same time. but if people were leaving throughout the day (I mean without the opportunity of coming back wiht the dog) then wouldn't it make it easier and quicker for everyone to leave, overall?

Laura xx
The benching companies provide no bench fronts, (excpt for toy breeds, then not always) and yes most are just on the bench with a benching chain. Many people use bench "fronts" or guards, (or cages) which enable the dog to have all the space, they just cover the top and front, like this:
http://www.trystorme.co.uk/bench%20guard.jpg

It provides them with security too.

Crufts is the only show that states you cant leave till 4pm (I think) its because the public want to see dogs and not rows of empty benches where people have left as they didnt win, for example. 1 winner per breed, there are over 400 Labs entered, that could be 399 Dogs and exhibitors leaving when their class has finished, multiply that by the other breeds and you wouldnt have much to see for your £13. All other champ shows you can leave s soon as you want to.
Findley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
My dogs always stay with me and as I have 2 different breeds going that are in different halls it means at least 1 of my dogs is not going to be on its proper bench. We normally base ourselves at the whippet benches but have to go to the greyhound rings with Button.

I could take a whippet size crate but there is no way I am carrying a greyhound size crate all the way from the car park to the benches and the bench is neverbig enough for a crate that size anyway.
I will have the same problem. I have two young deerhounds 19months old, in Hall 5 and the whippet in Hall 4 which is going to be a struggle as the deerhounds are not first in the ring and the classes are bound to clash somewhere. I think my daughter might have to show my deerhound bitch.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm so pleased to hear it will actually be back on tv this year.(Though not on BBC) I hope to see some flyball & agility.
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I'm so pleased to hear it will actually be back on tv this year.(Though not on BBC) I hope to see some flyball & agility.
What channel is it gonna be on? Please say I don't need sky (or I can at least get it online?)
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Luckypirate View Post
What channel is it gonna be on? Please say I don't need sky (or I can at least get it online?)
Its on More 4 I think
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Its on More 4 I think
Thankyou!! That's made me day finding that out =D
Also, I now know I'm definately going on Thursday this year.
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2010, 07:13 PM
I have 2 qualified (Borzoi) and for the first time in recent history! we are an 0830am start of judging,that means I need to leave home at about 0530 as I am giving a lift to one of the people covering the Borzoi stand on DD. With not being able to leave until 4pm I will not get home until about 7pm,why do we do it????????? I have organised the London(Earls Court) Borzoi stand @ DD since it first started and over the years have learnt that the general public tend to treat it as a day out at the Zoo. Stare at the dogs,let their children poke the dogs through the barriers,when they are asleep,as they should be awake and performing! Some people are really interested but they are few and far between,in fact the people who are really interested in your breed are the ones who come to the benching at Crufts as they have to wade their way through all the halls of trade stands. Good luck to all who are showing or just going to spectate.
Dachshund
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm going for the first time this year, but not entered. I'm going shopping
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2010, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
im going two days this year again and cant wait going to show on the saturday and im going on the thursday to do some shopping and go and watch the boxers, maybe have a nosy for dogs i like and puppies
will see you there on the Saturday!
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 >