Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emmalouise1508
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-10-2009, 05:35 PM

Mollys always getting scabs on her neck and chest

For as long as I can remember, Mollys always gotten what look and feel like scabs under her neck and on her chest. She does have them in other places too but only the odd one.

She does have allergies and is on Piriton, do you think the scabs could be related to this? If so, what can we do to help her?

They don't seem to be a problem to her.. she doesn't scratch or lick at them and they aren't painful. But obviously we'd like to try and get rid of them or ease them in some way.

Thanks for reading!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Could be allergic reaction I guess? Have you mentioned it to your vet?

It would be worth trying some herbal remedies to improve skin/coat condition. I think I would try bathing her using a mild shampoo for dogs with skin probs.
Emmalouise1508
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi, thanks for the suggestion.

We used to think it was some kind of reaction to grass, since its on the places where long grass rubs against her (she gets it on her belly too, although doesn't have any at the minute). We've changed parks though and there's no long grass there so that rules that out.

We've been to the vet with her quite a lot of times (poor thing has spent most of her life at the vets, I won't go into it! I thoroughly lay the blame with Bakers dog food though ) and we were given an anti-bacterial shampoo that seemed to work for a while but now doesn't.