View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Oooo you're so lucky..they're like little dogs..very clever creatures....friends of ours had some...bet you can't wait......these seem good sites...might be of use http://acrorats.homestead.com/index.html and http://www.ratz.co.uk/
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by lisa0307 View Post
Oooo you're so lucky..they're like little dogs..very clever creatures....friends of ours had some...bet you can't wait......these seem good sites...might be of use http://acrorats.homestead.com/index.html and http://www.ratz.co.uk/
Thank you, will have a look, I have them home now, piccie above!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Pets at home do a good rat cage. I think the model is called the jenny? my two live quite happily in it but its big enough to accomodate more. Recommend a rat hammock though. They love them. I think rats like to sleep up high, makes them feel safer.
oooo yes I have seen that one, just browsing ebay now. x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Ohhh the year of my birth, will steer clear of it then!
It was a book best read before 1984 (Which would have been a tad difficult for you ) after that year it was clear that most of what he was writing about was not going to happen, (at least not in our lifetime).

I'm interested to know what Maddy makes of them

Originally Posted by lisa0307 View Post
..they're like little dogs..very clever creatures....
More than clever Lisa, IIRC they are the only living creature that has survived every natural and man made disaster since planet Earth was created. They can survive floods, tornados, fire and freezing cold temperatures, they are the only mammals who are surviving in Mongolia in recent weeks when thousands of cattle and other animals and a good few humans are dying in -55 C (Yes that is a minus sign )
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
More than clever Lisa, IIRC they are the only living creature that has survived every natural and man made disaster since planet Earth was created. They can survive floods, tornados, fire and freezing cold temperatures, they are the only mammals who are surviving in Mongolia in recent weeks when thousands of cattle and other animals and a good few humans are dying in -55 C (Yes that is a minus sign )
Extraordinary creatures...totally agree..would love some myself but OH says we have enough
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
It was a book best read before 1984 (Which would have been a tad difficult for you ) after that year it was clear that most of what he was writing about was not going to happen, (at least not in our lifetime).

I'm interested to know what Maddy makes of them

They are amazing and they are not half as timid as I was told, they came willingly onto my hand today (inside the cage) and no squeaking or squealing and they do like you to talk to them don't they?! Lovely little boys, very pleased. I have put a couple of silly bits in, an empty loo roll and an old cardboard hot chocolate tub and some hay and they are LOVING it! Will get some more bits 2moro, oh and someone has offered me an old birdcage which is much bigger than their current cage, so am going to see if I can adapt it for them before I go out and buy a new one, then if not then nothings wasted anyway.

I will let you know what Maddy thinks in a wee while, being that she is scared of the rabbit and ignores the hamster, it could either way.
em_er_li
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Aww they're adorable. They look terrified in that pic poor things

I've always hankered for some rats but all my sisers were scared of them, and now so is my boyfriend and his mum no luck.
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-02-2010, 07:11 PM
They're gorgeous hun
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Gorgeous goutis I have a Jenny (well 2 actually ) also a Tower which is 2 Xls joined together. It will hold 16 rats easily my two rattle about a bit

Hammocks
http://www.fuzzbutt.co.uk/
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2010, 10:04 PM
They are lovely
I reccomend a rat bag to help them grow in confidence
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >