Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 02:51 PM

Cycle Across Cuba!!!!

Hello ladies and gents,

Thought I'd write blog to start off with about my impending trip to Cuba - I signed up today to raise £3000 for kidney research and in Feb I will be cycling across Cuba in aid of Kidney research!!!!!!!! I can't believe I'm doing it, and I can't believe that the full amount of sponsorship money has to be in by November.....that gives me 2 months to raise 3 grand........

Thanks to those who have already sponsored me, I really really appreciate it!!!

I am so nervous that I won't make the target, this charity means a lot to me, my grandfather had polycystic kidney disease, as did my mum before she passed away three years ago. She also had a kidney transplant. I also have pkd, it is a horrible disease to have, its even worse having watched my mum go through what I am yet to face, so I really want to try and give something back to kidney research if I can.

I have been so down lately, I decided that I could either sit and wallow in my own self pity, or I could do something worthwhile that will hopefully help others too. - so I chose the later!!!!

I really want to do this.....it is going to be hard work to get there, and an exhausting trip, but I really do think I can do this!!!!!

Love to all xxx

PS if you want to help me on my way to achieving my goal.....the site I am using for obtaining the fund is www.justgiving.com/lornahaddon

Thanks again!!!