View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
blakegsd
New Member!
Female 

11-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Little Bear - cos he looked like a bear when he was a puppy Blake - Just liked it and it suited him
Piper- Charmed , cool name
Humphrey- being a basset he needed a name that is as silly as the breed lol (he was Fred when we got him-not very origanal)
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Maggie - it just popped into my head one day. She was previously Jess (given to her by the rescue, don't know what her original name was) but I didn't think this suited her. Maggie is far more sensible and suits her nature.
slakey
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-05-2009, 11:28 PM
I named Zeus after a male boxer I was very fond of, because he was such a big boy, and I loved him greatly, although not my dog I saw him often. So I thought what better way to remember him by, so I named my doggy Zeus
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
The name of the Husky in the old B&W film, "Nanook of the North"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanook_of_the_North

Flippin' 'eck, I knew it was an old film, but 1922 is a bit on the ancient side!

Snorri
There was another movie made... I saw it on tv when i was a kid. My Dad worked up in Northern Canada (Iqualuit, on Baffin Island) he brought home a Nanook stuffed dog, its a big story up there.... tho I'll have to look it up... i seem to remember the movie being about a dog who gets tied to a bear cub by a guy who was exploring/trapping, and found the baby bear then tied the 2 together (the dog was his) to keep the cub safe, then capsized his canoe the dog and bear lived together in the wild for quite awhile. the man and dog found eachother in the end.... I believe it is based on a true story. I'll google it... see if I can find it.

Edit: Oops.... the dog's name was Nikki... movie was Nikki: Wild Dog of the North (1961) ....
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-05-2009, 11:49 PM
I have Sylvan (borzoi) Sylph(borzoi) Lara(borzoi) Stella(borzoi) Cookie (GSD) Teddy(pem corgi) Brillo(chi x jrt)! Lucky(whippet x bedlington) they all get on with each other big and small.Cookie,Lara,Brillo and Lucky were all rescues so came with ready made names.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Hi,

Think I'v eposted here before.

Zane, Ellie & Yianis were all named by my Son (Oscar).

Our next dog (a 3 yr old Akita) that I'm adopting is called Bonnie at the moment. If it suits her we'll keep her name. If not, we've cosnidered :

Karel
Kaila
Brenna
Polani (Polly)
Treazzie (Tresa)
Mia
Pilar

Of course maybe none of these will suit. we'll just have to see.

Laura xx
pumpkinpie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Dotty came to me when she was almost two and that had always been her name.
Ziggy I let my children pick his name. It came from a childrens Tv program lazy town. Thier first choice was Sporticus did not want to shout that one across a park
Hubby liked Harry and so did I am a huge Harry Potter fan. but the father in law might of objected as it his name.
merlin/morgana
New Member!
Female 

05-05-2009, 03:01 PM
We have Shadow (Akita), Smoke (Akita) and Myst (Saarloos) They are all our pride and joy! XX
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Our puppy Thorgeir (BC) got his name because we liked it. In full, he's Thorgeir the Lawsayer, after the first Speaker of the Icelandic parliament. This is fairly appropriate, as he is constantly trying to lay down the law, particularly about the timing of dinner!

Snorri
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 06:43 PM
My sprocker is called Misty! My 8 year old sister helped me to name her! It is logical though! My sister said ' Misty because if her black patches ran into the white, then she would be grey and misty weather is grey, so call her Misty!' The name stuck and I acutally quite like it!!

Other dogs are;
Charlie (Lakeland x Fell) - Boyfriend named him as a pup!
Midge (Patterdale) - He came to us with the name, but we have variations of it, either Midget Gem or Midger!
Hamish (Lab) - 2nd Part of his kennel club name (he came to us as Hamish)
Gracie (Springer) - She came to us with the name

Sarah x
Page 19 of 46 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 > Last »