View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sid&kira
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2010, 03:41 PM

Raw food supplier recommended - they seem great!!

Right well i finally rung landywoods and I have to say i was disgusted with how they talk to potential customers! They were incredibly rude, had no time for me whatsoever and were just generally not very nice.

Anyway it turns out that i cant order from there anyway as i was told that i HAD to order AT LEAST 36lbs of each mince! WTF?? that 36 packets of just 1 type of mince! so that idea went down the pan lol

Have just amended the plans to suit a different company and rung them up, they are a few miles outside stowmarket in suffolk (not far from me) and only have a £20 minimum order, but they dont have the selection that landywoods do. Here's what they offer

Lamb and Tripe Mix 1 lb 42p / lb

Ox Liver 1 lb 48p / lb

Ox Heart 1 lb 75p / lb

Chicken Wings 1KG 15 KG 97p / Kilo

Chicken Carcasses 15 KG 50p / kilo

Tripe (Chunky) 2lb (block) 40p /lb

Tripe (Green) 1 lb Tube 35p /lb

Lamb (Breast) 1 lb rib £1.00 /lb

Chicken Necks 15 KG 75p / kilo

Chicken Mince with bone 1lb 33p /lb

economy mince 1 lb 31p /lb

Whole Rabbit each £2.00

meaty bones 1 lb 32p /lb

Mince Beef TBA 75p /lb

Pig Pluck (offal) 2lb bag 7 lb box 74p /lb

So i rung the number to place my order for me and a mate and got a very friendly, lovely man who was extremely helpful and apolagetic that they only had 2lb packets atm, which i didnt mind, i just spoke im lbs not packets lol.

He is going to ring me later and may be delivering tomorrow morning!!!

Fantastic bloke, and very friendly, even asked me about the dogs lol

Will update on meat quality etc when its delivered, but so far im very impressed

Here's the website:

http://www.thedogfoodcompany.co.uk
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 04:02 PM
I use Berriewoods. http://www.berriewoodwholesale.co.uk...-food-1211.htm
You can order online and they`re very good. I suspect someone from there comes on Dogsey because I had a whinge about them not telling me a delivery to my area was only on Monday (for frozen stuff) and they emailed me on the next order to say when it would be delivered.
sid&kira
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2010, 04:06 PM
yea i had a look on there but they're very expensive compared to some of the others, especially if you want variety like lots of different minces/chunks, i couldnt afford to pay that much lol

The one i have just ordered from is going to cost me £20 a month for kira, better than £10 a week! which it is atm lol
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Just checked out the link for the dogfood company, and on their contact us page they have a usefull links section with a link to Dogsey, I wonder if it's a Dogsey member that runs that site?
Cyrus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2010, 04:31 PM
We have used Scott for over a year and have to say he is fantastic, customer service and meat quality is excellent wouldnt ever use another company now
Quite a few of our friends have switched over to him from landywoods.
Looking forward to our delivery tomorrow
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Wow, whole rabbits at £2 each! Until we get our own ferrets, i've been looking for somebody who stocks whole rabbits at a good price and I think you may just have found me the people!

Not sure if I can fit 10 rabbits in my freezer though...
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 06:00 PM
I tend to use DAF Petfood who seem to have similar prices, deliver every Friday and all the products are excellent quality, so I think I'll stick with them. Glad you've found someone though.
sid&kira
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
We have used Scott for over a year and have to say he is fantastic, customer service and meat quality is excellent wouldnt ever use another company now
Quite a few of our friends have switched over to him from landywoods.
Looking forward to our delivery tomorrow
Haha he did say he had to deliver up norwich tomorrow

notice you have sibes am organising a meet up in my towns dog park on the 27th if your up for it?
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Scott at the Dog food company is a brilliant guy and very helpful!!
I have the chicken carcases and they are always well packed with no "iffy smell"!!
Would def recommend him!!
Becks169
New Member!
Female 

15-03-2010, 06:06 PM
I have just started using Landywoods as I have 2 Leonbergers so the minimum order quantity isn't an issue, (and it was cheaper than getting everything from the butchers!) I have just had a look at The Dogfood Company and it woud be nice to bring the work back to suffolk (I live in Brandon). Please let us know what the food is like from here.

Thanks,
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >