Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GaZ8
New Member!
Male 

22-03-2011, 09:47 PM

Please help with my friend's dog

Hi people!

My friend has a staffyX who is 1 in May.

Until about 2 weeks ago he was fine but had the odd accient indoors but since then he has started weeing in the house almost non stop.

At first we thought it was when he got excited but it happens even when he is calm. I have been round there house (I'm there now) for just under 3 hours and he must be in double figures already. He must have unleashed almost his own body weight in wee!

Does anyone have any ideas what it might be so we can work out where to go from here?

Appologies for not posting an introduction as my first post but I'm usually a browser!

cheers

GaZ
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Have they had this young dog checked by a Vet in case it has a urine infection? If not that should be their first port of call and as soon as possible

If the dog is otherwise healthy - many young dogs wet themselves with excitment, they usually grow out of it around 18 months or so. If the dog is getting itself worked up so much it is in a state of excitement for such a lenght of time it may well be worth their while getting a behavourist in to assess the dog as your friends may be unwittenly encouraging the situation
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 12:19 AM
I agree with the getting a vet check to rule out infection.

It could also be possible that he is scent marking?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Totaly agree, especially if you are saying its LOTS of wee

Also you are going to have to totaly clean everywhere he might have been with a decent enzyme cleaner (nothing with ammonia in it) as to him the house is going to be smelling like a toilet

Hope everything is OK, hopefully some ab's from the vet and everything will be back to normal
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 10:26 AM
This could be kidney, urine or prostate issues and should go to vet asap