View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 10:37 AM

Heard 'the other side of the story' yesterday...lol !

This story is still making me laugh...
A couple of weeks ago I was involved in an 'incident' in the woods whilst walking the dogs, with a friend. Here's our side of the story:

We were walking through a part of the woods where you can't see anything ahead or around and the path is really narrow. My two are aggressive to other dogs so they were on lead, and my friends dog can be a bit defensive so she was on a lead too. Anyway, we come round a corner and there is a dog off lead, a good few meters ahead of it's owner (my biology teacher from school) and off lead. As the path is so narrow i went off to the side as far as i could without falling into a stream, and wrapped the leads round my hands so i had total control of the dogs. Anyway, the teacher then spots us, stops dead and 'whines' that she "doesn't have a lead for her dog" . So I say "well hurry up and pass i have control of the dogs", who at this point are going mental trying to get this dog that is standing in front of them just growling. So as she passes, looking very worried I say, quite politely, that she "should have a lead for her dog anyway". So she replies "I don't need one, he's a good dog". Well I see red and shout after her "that's irrelevant (sp?), it's the law". My mate, who was also taught by her, was raging too, her attitude was shocking, total ignorance.

So anyway, all forgotten about, until my mate's husband, who we had told the story too (as he was also taught by her in school) was talking too one of the teachers friends, and here's her side of the story :

She appently met a young girl (me) in the woods, ranting and raving about dogs being on a lead. Her dog was on a lead and mine, two massive bull terriers, were running round 'dangerously off lead'. Oh, and I was with a young child?!?!?!?

Well, I would hardly say two sentences are 'ranting and raving'. Her dog was defo not on a lead, she didn't even have one?!?!?! And my 'two massive bull terriers' (that don't even come past my knee) were most defo on a lead, as they always are ! ! ! And who was the child? My friend, who she knows from school, who happens to be two years older than me?!?!?

Well this made me laugh lots ! I can't believe the lies she told this person ! Can only imagine she lied about it because she knew she was in the wrong, and didn't like being told it by two former pupils. Was interesting to her side of it though
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Goes to show why you should base things on fact not truth, as each persons version of the truth is going to be different!
Becky
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Goes to show why you should base things on fact not truth, as each persons version of the truth is going to be different!
Becky
Very true Becky
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 11:02 AM
and that's a fact lol!
Becky
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 11:15 AM
and you say shes a teacher
stupid teacher
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Shows how easily things can get out of hand and suddenly two under control Staffy x can become slavering out of control mad dogs!!!

If it wasnt so serious, as in give a breed a bad name, it would be hilariously funny

Some people!!
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
and you say shes a teacher
stupid teacher
Yip, can ya belive it? Ignoranat of what?!?! She was always up herself, even back then
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Shows how easily things can get out of hand and suddenly two under control Staffy x can become slavering out of control mad dogs!!!

If it wasnt so serious, as in give a breed a bad name, it would be hilariously funny

Some people!!
Tell me about it! I would have been very mad if it wasn't for the fact the fact the person she told these lies too actually does know who I am and appreciates the aggressive dog thing as she has an aggressive dog too. But god knows who else she's told
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 12:43 PM
God, no wonder you're annoyed, I would be.... and good for you for shouting after her that she should have a lead!

That is one of my biggest gripes with dog owners. We have some lovely wide roads with wide pavements in Old Felixstowe and when I'm driving between clients I lose track of how many dogs are off lead by the roadside, without any lead being carried at all sometimes.
I hate it because I'm so wary in case the dog, for a split second, stops being 100% at heel and chases something, gets scared etc, and runs into the road.

It's the same as when I see someone pushing a pushchair with a toddler trailing behind out of sight or control. I saw this yesterday and the little boy was easily over 40ft behind his parents who were taking no notice of him.

I know I couldn't do it with dog or child, too precious to risk, good for you!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 03:46 PM
They say there's always three sides to any story;
One party's side, the other party's side and then the truth.

I do wonder what some people go home reporting about my two.

There was one time a girl was walking her dog (offlead) round a field I was walking my two, also offlead. The dogs got together, said hello and started to play. At which point she screeched at my two hit Willow with a swing of her lead, chased her other dog round for a while. She then put the lead on it and made a quick exit. Clearly not up to speed in doggy body language. Her poor dog was having a ball and didn't know what just happened.

Then the time a couple were walking their terrier (again offlead) and my two came racing over to say hello. I admit those two running at full pelt is a sight, but they always stop a few paces off and approach gently to say hi....
Anyway, they ran up, stopped a few paces off all waggy tailed. The woman started screaming blue murder, lifted her dog up and RAN outta the football field as quick as she could go. Followed by her somewhat bewildered partner, who (like me) couldn't figure out what her problem was.

I can only imagine the terrible tails they had to tell about the three legged beast and her whimpering jack russel terrorist partner in crime.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >