Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 01:08 PM

Dog on TV this morning herding sheep

Did anyone see this this morning? Dog in question was a chihuahua. Great to watch.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Yes I watched on the BBC, hilarious, although not sure I would want to work it on some strong herdwicks...........
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 02:07 PM
yes i saw it too, was really good
SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-06-2011, 02:13 PM
I saw it too. Seemed to be doing a good job.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 05:10 PM
I love Herdwicks they used them at the Kirby Lonsdale International. Certainly sorted the work dogs from the dogs that are only trial dogs.

Wish they would be using Herdwicks at this year's World Trial-which i hope to be able to get to
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Yes I watched on the BBC, hilarious, although not sure I would want to work it on some strong herdwicks...........
The only strong thing about most Herdwicks is the taste
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
I love Herdwicks they used them at the Kirby Lonsdale International. Certainly sorted the work dogs from the dogs that are only trial dogs.

Wish they would be using Herdwicks at this year's World Trial-which i hope to be able to get to
When was the International held at Kirkby Lonsdale? There have been a few Nationals there, but an International?

Herdies are a lovely, free running breed and not particularly strong, hence why they are so good for training young dogs on. I trained my first sheepdog on Herdwicks and have loved them ever since. We did buy a few for the estate here in Scotland, but unfortunately they kept jumping out of the field where they were kept and going on walkabout (as is their way ) ... which wouldn't have been too big a problem except they kept making their way on to the manicured lawn of the big house!