Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Its a great shame that Gundogs have turned into such chasers and killers, very sad indeed.

Id be mortified if I had a Labrador that wanted to kill anything, so against everything they were bred for and very sad.
Very sad. He is a terrible dog, truly. Nasty killer Labrador!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Its a great shame that Gundogs have turned into such chasers and killers, very sad indeed.
Like you said, just your opinon.

Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Never mind, they all cant be typical of their breed.

Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Like you said, just your opinon.
It is. It was lovely when I had my Labs I could bring anything in, puppies, kittens, baby Rabbits etc, never had a worry in the world of them being attacked by the Labs, more care was taken when the Terriers arrived!!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 05:26 PM
It is. It was lovely when I had my Labs I could bring anything in, puppies, kittens, baby Rabbits etc, never had a worry in the world of them being attacked by the Labs, more care was taken when the Terriers arrived!!
Oh I'm sure it was, it was the same when I had my Labrador.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Maggie is a hunter/chaser (well, what I class as a hunter anyway), the look she gets on her face is nothing I've ever seen before. She's the first dog we've had who's shown interest in small furries, although she can tell the difference between a small dog and a cat/squirrel/rabbit.

I'd love to have hens but I think it would drive Maggie mad knowing they were there and probably stress the heck out of the hens so it's not something I'll ever do while she is with me. I wouldn't trust her in the slightest with any furry at all like that.

The funny thing is though, that the one time she did catch a baby rabbit she just trotted out of the hedge with it very gently in her mouth with no desire to eat it up and there wasn't a mark on it. Whether she did actaully catch it and kill it or if it was already dead I'll never know, but her gentlness with it was in complete contrast to the almost possessed look she gets when she's on the hunt.

(sorry for rambling on)
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 04:58 PM
I own mice and my mum has a parakeet but Flynn pays them no interest. It's Jed, the collie who has a fixed fascination with them. I've no doubt if I had the mice in my hand, Flynn would eat them though.

I could never have rabbits or chickens though because then there would be trouble.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4