Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 10:35 AM

All in One multifunction printers

Probably not the right place for it but know by putting it here will get techies in the know to give out the right info

I'm looking for an 'All in One' Fax, Flatbed Scanner, Copier, Printer (colour & BW)

So far I'm thinking HP Officejet 6210 unless anyone can recommend anything else.. Needs to be in the £140 price range.

Let me know if you have an HP or if you have an all in one which is simply the best

Thanks guys
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 10:56 AM
I bough a Canon MP110 about 8 months ago and I think its great plus the Ink Cartridges are very cheap. The only downside is that I have found the scanner a little slow on more complicated scans....but it was only the base model at £100 so I expect for another £40 you might be able to improve on that. It is also extremely easy to use and had some nice software with it.
I had an HP printer before and liked it a lot....but the ink costs were dreadful.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Hi Het, thanks for the recommendation, I'll go and check out the Canon models now
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2006, 12:21 PM
We've got an Epson CX3200. The cartridges are quite expensive if you buy Epson ones, so we opt for the sooooooooo much cheaper WH Smith own brand which are Epson compatible.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2006, 01:23 PM
My best mate (in Edinburgh) was using a Dell multi-thingy, which he bought with his PC. Despite his characteristic allegations that everything he has is the best he has complained to me many times about the amount of ink it goes through!

My PERSONAL view of multi-function ANYTHING is that the more functions a thing has, the more there is to go wrong, and you have to do without some essential bits while one function is repaired.

As for HP, I used to run an HP printer, and the experience leads me to believe "NEVER AGAIN". It had connectivity problems (even though it was supposed to be a cross-platform Mac-compatible) which caused continual problems, and finally, the motor for the paper feed gave up. I passed it to a mate for spares, but he found he had no option but to consign it to the great Internet in the Sky.

I'm looking for an Epson printer at the moment, but finding one which will work with a Mac G3 processor seems to be impossible. The current models from Epson all seem to require a G4 processor as minimum. Not all progress is good progress!

Snorri
(Not an HP fan)
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 01:50 PM
I have an HP printer - the Deskject 895csi - it's never given me a moments bother, and I've had it for about 6 years now. Reliable as anything. I guess you're either lucky or not.
As for the cost of cartridges, I buy them nice and cheap online at IJT. PM me if you would like the link.

Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 04:28 PM
I've got a Dell - £50 in a deal when buying my laptop - its very good, photo quality prints are very clear but the inks are expensive (getting on for £40 each time I replace).