Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2011, 07:54 PM

Dog clothes

I wondered what the general consensus was about dog clothes? I don't mean coats if it is raining, I mean dressing your dog in clothes.

The thread with the basett reminded me. On Tuesday we were coming back up the lane, dogs on flexis, and saw someone coming. Ours were told to wait, put on shortest lead etc., as we didn't recognise them. We rounded the corner, and it was a young girl with three dogs, she had stopped, and got them all out of the way, huddled up by a stile. We went past no problem (Simon is not really interested at 12, and I had my hand in the cheese pocket, which kept Jake's attention!)

BUT, I couldn't take my eyes off it! Surely, other dogs would be equally bemused? The bassett had a rugby shirt on. It looked cute, as did she in her pink spotty wellies, but maybe she likes attention? The dog was really good, but I don't know what mine would have made of it had they had the chance.

Maybe I've lived in the country too long, but I like my dogs furry and muddy
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Me too.

My dogs have a perfectly good fur coat each......
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 07:56 PM
The only issue I have with dogs wearing clothes is that I di not forsee this becoming such a craze and missed out on a fantastic money making opportunity!

Personally I believe that as most dogs come with their own coat, they do not need others, but if that is how people want to spend their money that is their choice.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 08:03 PM
[/QUOTE]
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 08:05 PM

I think its awful when people dress their dogs up for their own amusement!
Seriously though, I would'nt walk Tilly around like this. Its only for Club parties, fancy dress classes etc!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Not my cuppa at all I'm afraid! Dogs have perfectly good fur coats of their own.

Each to their own, but I want my dogs to be dogs and not baby substitutes.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Oh, my that is soooo funny! Lol, i cant stop laughing!

I dont like to see dogs wearing coats/clothes unless a coat is necessary due to weather etc.
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2011, 08:42 PM
The bassett in the rugby shirt DID look really good... I did waiver for a minute, then I looked at my filthy, muddy duo, and decided I prefer real dogs to accessories.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 08:43 PM
See for me it is bad enough to have to clean the dogs, but I draw the line at washing THEIR clothes.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Max has a plain black waterproof coat which he wears in very heavy rain. He has on occasion worn a cloak at halloween (for about two minutes).

I saw a programme once with this dreadful woman who treated her dog like a dolly. It had numerous outfits consisting of little dresses and matching frilly pants for the dog ( I did look for some frilly pants for Max but unfortunately they didn't have his size )
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >