Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 05:47 PM
|That would be a US vet.

I disagree with ectropian being subjective----it is either present or not present.

rune
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 05:53 PM
what bugs me in that article is using the term 'hybrid' ... is that person a vet?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Dr Greer, who wrote the article, is:

a member of the AVMA, NEWVMA, ASVBP, APDT, AAFP, SVME, ACSMA, The Society for Theriogenology, the Fond du Lac Kennel Club, The Kettle Moraine Kennel Club, the Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club of America, Lakeshore Pembroke Welsh Corgi Kennel Club, and the Lomira Area Chamber of Commerce. She is on the Board of Directors for the Society for Veterinary Medical Ethics and the American Veterinary Medical Law Association

In 2002, she opened the International Canine Semen Bank-Wisconsin, which allows breeders to preserve their dog’s semen for use at another time or a remote location.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
OK I am sorry you never specificly said you were defending the dogs
But the way you are trying to discredit the vets and things like that make it sound like you are defending the dogs

So can I ask so there is no confusion

Can you see anything wrong with the dogs I posted the photographs of?
Do you think it needs an eye expert to see saggy eyelids?
Do you think these dogs are healthy examples of the breed and should have been given their place in the ring?
1) yes
2) no
2) no,

I am not trying to discredit anyone , that is an assumption on your part,
bijou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Both the Peke and the Clumber have subsequently had their dogs health checked by other vets and they have both been given a clean billl of health - the Peke's owner is taking legal action against the KC and I would'nt be surprised if the Clumber owner does'nt as well - there is an emergency meeting with the KC held at a venue near the NEC this Thurday evening to discuss the fiasco that was this years Crufts .
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 06:08 PM
Evidence---other than their word?

I did read that the pekes own vet had checked it but no written report was shown.

I hope the KC has the guts to stick it out and lead the world in trying to improve the lives of these dogs.

rune
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by bijou View Post
Both the Peke and the Clumber have subsequently had their dogs health checked by other vets and they have both been given a clean billl of health - the Peke's owner is taking legal action against the KC and I would'nt be surprised if the Clumber owner does'nt as well - there is an emergency meeting with the KC held at a venue near the NEC this Thurday evening to discuss the fiasco that was this years Crufts .
I bet there is, this has backfired dramatically for them .

What was the Peke, disqualified on , do you know.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 06:27 PM
It will be an interesting point of Law. The KC have a very good argument that the dogs were not awarded on medical grounds and I can't see that that is any different to being offered a job and then having the offer withdrawn when a medical is failed
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 06:36 PM
I have seen vet report for the Climber done today. The report only covers the actual eye ball and makes no mention of the eye lids.

the meeting on Thursday is for Exhibiter and breeders to talk about what action they are going to take. I don't believe the KC will be there.

There will be no grounds for a legal challeng as the entry to Crufts which you sign or accept online says you agree to bide by the KC terms and conditions which states vet checks and no right of appeal.

Steve Dean has today issued a statement explaining and asked for feed back
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
1) yes
2) no
2) no,

I am not trying to discredit anyone , that is an assumption on your part,
Thankyou. Yes it is an assumption, I am sorry it was a wrong assumption but it was a logical one to me based on what you were posting - hence why I asked the queastions, which have cleared things up for me, so again thankyou

I havent heard a thing about the Peke or what it was booted for - but I would question the Clumbers vet if that was the case because the photograph clearly shows a baggy eyelid
But even if it wasnt the owner did say the dog had conjunctivitis - which she said was caused by the hall
So this is possibly something that had cleared up by the time she had seen her vet - but dosent mean it wasnt there at the time - Like our own member who had to pull her dog due to lameness that cleared up soon after
just cos its gone now dosent mean it never existed

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
It will be an interesting point of Law. The KC have a very good argument that the dogs were not awarded on medical grounds and I can't see that that is any different to being offered a job and then having the offer withdrawn when a medical is failed
Yeah, unless the KC legal team is very dumb then I cant see they will have a problem at all
It was said that these breeds would be vet checked and if it failed with that vet then that was it
Page 37 of 40 « First < 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 >