View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2008, 11:21 AM
There is a thread on here somewhere about I Am Legend, with very mixed reviews. I went to see it over Christmas and I loved it.

Would love to hear your view Stolen-Wing on the films you have seen recently.
stolen_wing
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-02-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm off to see Cloverfield and (hopefully) Underdog today!

So I will write a review of these as soon as I can.
stolen_wing
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-02-2008, 01:03 PM
!!!*******MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS********!!!

As for I am Legend ( I will do a mini-review of this now as its been a few weeks since i saw it so memory is fading!):

I thought this was a really well done film.

While the CGI (Computer Generated Imagery), for which it was most criticised, could have shown much improvment with regard to our current standards I applauded their choice to actually use CGI rather than human actors. The use of actors as the 'virus victims' would have made them distinctly less frightening and too 'human' to be considered monsters. Using the CGI meant that they could do things like an over extended jaw while they screamed while still making them look like they might still be human.

Aside from this I thought the plot-line was fantastic, if a little flawed in places. For example; he had been broadcasting from day 1 yet the army had not known he was there?! There were others which I have forgotten. But overall a good story and very touching.
Will Smith as usual put on a fantastic performance and portrayed the charachters mental decline well! I love him!

Oh... and of course... star of the show was Sam. She was gorgeous and Will Smith loved her so much apparently he wanted to adopt her after the fiming but was not allowed.

Overall the whole idea sparked a lot of debate between myself and my boyfriend - we were talking for hours over the potential for this kind of thing happening. How viruses mutate and could cause something similar and how it would work in comparison to the films portrayal.

Worth seeing if you like a film to talk about, love Will Smith, love dogs and dont mind a little bit of a cry!

(Hope this is ok and doesnt spoil it for anyone - have put spoilers at top - I am in a rush so no time to check it over, more reviews to followw soon )
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2