View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Does the rubber pull or snag on the fur at all?
Maybe I'm thinking too much like an elastic band

Frodo must have a bit of shark in him as he loves the water. Didn't think of that before!
parsonsmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Nooo, not like an elastic band.
They don't snag the fur at all, the inside of the collars are very smooth.
My 3 dogs wear them although only when out, not in the house, so not all day long.Doug and Jack are PRTs so similar coat to Rory and Ripley, Betty has a thick mane and she wears the Dublin too.
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2013, 06:47 PM
I love Quidopetz for Bailiie's collars and matching leads, http://www.quidopetz.com/products.html
Szilvia is very professional and has a fantastic turnaround speed. I'm sure there'd be something on her site that you'd love for all three of your lovely doggies; the problem I have is I just cannot stop at one for Bailiie and now with Szilvia emailing to say the Christmas fabrics are available..........
I know I shouldn't, we've already got a Rudolph set

muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Nylon! For washability. If they start showing signs of wear, I get new ones as they are not very expensive. Also clip buckles as they are quick.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Wow I like the look of those rubber collars!i might get one for Tonks!

I'm going to through a new on in there..Remus has a fabric collar as he has a fancy hand made martingale collar. I didn't like the thought of it tightening like a choke chain so, as his head is bigger than his neck so the collar will not slip over his head, I adjusted it so that the big d rings meet and when they do there is still room to get a couple of fingers under it.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Nylon colours with plastic clip fasteners for my two when they are out. However, if were are out of our area I tend to put Rucksack in a harness. Neither wear collars in the house or garden in case they get them caught up or one gets a leg through the others collar as they play rough a lot.

I know our two local dog day centres insist that their dogs have nylon collars with the quick release plastic fasteners. Leather tends to smell and can get slimy when wet.

Lovely photo of Frodo and some fab collars here.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Neoprene stuff.
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Either. If I like it I buy it. Holly just has two leather ones, I had a clear out. Any excuse to buy new ones.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Soooo much choice haha!!

These three like to try and take each others collars off at home so they don't usually wear them around the house, but since we are off on holiday and they wont know where they are, I'm wanting just that bit of extra security if they manage to get out when they haven't got their harnesses on

Found some nice rogz ones with matching leads for £4 each... so everyone got one
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2013, 03:12 PM
We went for these ones!

We used to have a Rogz harness that was good, so hopefully the collars are ok too
Nice and soft with reflective bits... tenner each for a collar and matching lead

Look how happy Rory is about his present!

(s'cuse mess... inth middle of having a change around!)
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >