View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Well that say's it all really doesn't it???
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Although understanding your anger, I think situations like this crop up daily in the age groups mentioned, its difficult enough being a teenager today without the added stress of race being thrown into the equation. "The LION will lie down with the LAMB" not in this world.
Junkers
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-03-2005, 10:37 PM
thats pathetic iam also in my early teens but i have never really seen this happen tho i have see people being racist tho.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-03-2005, 10:08 AM
A bully is a bully whatever race or colour they are, and it is a great shame race or colour need to be mentiond at all by anyone..we are all equal
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
A bully is a bully whatever race or colour they are, and it is a great shame race or colour need to be mentiond at all by anyone..we are all equal
I completley agree Mini, to me the colour of a persons skin, religion or the country they originate from is as important as the shoes they choose to wear - not very. I dont understand racism whether it comes from a white, asian, black or blue person I dont see any need for it today. People should be judged by what is on the inside rather than the oustide. I take people as I find them and when I get to know them then I decide for myself what kind of people they are..

I also agree that you get good and bad in all communities, racism isn't limited to just one culture or colour of people although i am in no doubt some communities suffer more.

Laura
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 10:47 AM
i agree with you laura

rascim is very sad,as i,m finding out now
staffypuppyplease
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-03-2005, 11:18 AM
(no offence ment)
let me start off with im not a racist i grew up in brixton had all sorts of friends and have mixed children.
But i have noticed that hardley any white people complain about racist remarks but lots of other people call the race card i rember a time in brixton when the police walked in 2's one of each a diff race as if they arrested someone they could call the race card

i think its something thats going to be around for a long time to come and we will just have to live with it
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by staffypuppyplease
(no offence ment)
let me start off with im not a racist i grew up in brixton had all sorts of friends and have mixed children.
But i have noticed that hardley any white people complain about racist remarks but lots of other people call the race card i rember a time in brixton when the police walked in 2's one of each a diff race as if they arrested someone they could call the race card
i think its something thats going to be around for a long time to come and we will just have to live with it
SPP I see what you are saying and as a person raised in the countryside have not seen a lot of racisim, but I have seen a pleasant Asian family take over one of a couple of shops in the village and be forced out of business because people (including some of my own relations) refuse to use the shop.
None of us should be thinking in terms of race, and as long as anyone refers to it the divisions will remain..we are all just people
kirstie b
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 12:19 PM
Jaquie a member of our family had the same problem recently at school in Edinburgh. The schools initials aren't JGH by any chance are they ?
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2005, 12:23 PM
I must say, the colour of someone's skin means no more to me than eye or hair colour; it's just a feature like any other human feature and of no more importance. In fact, if I pay any attention at all, it's to admire some colours!

Trouble is, political correctness doesn't seem to take this into account - the policy has become more important than the problem it was meant to take care of.

Of course racism occurs in all ethnicities, but "officialdom" hasn't got the joined-up thinking required to cope with the concept!

I have a neighbour who is ex-Foreign Legion, and has a great interest in weaponry (sad). He's non-Orcadian, too. Someone reported him to the police as a possible al-Qaeda member, because he had a strange accent, probably Middle-Eastern. The police raided his house (armed), bundled him (handcuffed) into a van and whisked him off to the local nick.

He's Welsh.

Snorri
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >