View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Jenny I cant believe your bar staff are still behaving like they are wont your manager do anything about it if not go over his/ her head called your area manager and if you have no joy phone head office did you say you are in TGI if your manager wont give you the no. I will get it for you.
yeh the guy on the bar had a massive go at me last week being really arrogant and wot i can only describe as being a w*nker. Id put a drink thru and after about 10 mins went to check and he hadnt done it, so i shouted across to him and asked where my drink was and he got all arsey sayin he never even got a ticket and i wud have to send the drink thru again cos he didnt believe me!!! but he shud see where im comin from when its 'known' that they 'lose' tickets or chuck em away if its someone they dont like or doesnt tip em out enough, so i had every right to assume hed thrown the ticket away, whcih i bet he did. how pathetic. And then started shoutin at me for apparently being so rude to him! grrr, and since it was a milkshake i was waiting for he put the blender on realllly slow even tho he KNEW i didnt have time cos i was really behind with all my tables (on mothers day) arrogant c*ck is all i can say!!!!! if he ever speaks like that to me again im jus gonna walk out and thats it, cos they piss me off so much! even when i do tip them out good its never enough! grrrrrrr.

sorry rant almost over

ohhh the satisfaction of being a waitress
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-03-2005, 07:41 PM
Mary, well done, guy sounded like a total A**ewipe. Why are there so many d**ks in this country, a bit of common courtesy isn't that bl**dy difficult.
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-03-2005, 07:56 PM
Jenny leave come to the dark side and work for beefeater we are much nicer and dont have to pay the barstaff we have our own commis to do drinks and they know you dont help you dont get any money off the waitress, you also get to finish earlier.
Mary
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-03-2005, 12:13 AM
Mary no one has the rigt to be rude particularly when you are doing them a service When we the Inn in Dorset the customers were terrible they stole light bulbs even and the flowers from the loo..put cruets in their pockets and complaned just to get a free meal. One girl had too much to drink and threw up on the floor of my clean loo..I was so cross I took the mop and bucket to her and said "This is my home I would not be so discourteous as to drink too much in your home and to be sick on your floor...now please take this and mop it up ..and she did
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Mini .. I have so much MORE respect for you now!!1 haha that is brilliant!

abbymum... I think you were totally in the right. Hopefully you embarrased the man in front of the others at his table, and maybe he will treat his next waitress with a little respect.
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-03-2005, 01:54 PM
I have calmed down now and am not going to let an idiot like him bother me
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-03-2005, 12:31 AM
went to work tonight and my boss told me that the man who was rude to me last week had complained about the service and my bad attitude I replyed that he was a complete A*****e and he is lucky he didnt get a broken nose turns out my boss did take my side and told this man if he ever spoke to any of our waitress's like that again he would make sure he got banned from all the restaurants in the chain result or what.
Mary
Meg
Supervisor

13-03-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by abbymum
went to work tonight and my boss told me that the man who was rude to me last week had complained about the service and my bad attitude I replyed that he was a complete A*****e and he is lucky he didnt get a broken nose turns out my boss did take my side and told this man if he ever spoke to any of our waitress's like that again he would make sure he got banned from all the restaurants in the chain result or what.
Mary
I hope you feel better about it now Mary when people are nasty they frequently get paid back one way or another, I bet he won't come in again
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Tee hee
reminds me of when I worked in a bar. I had a huge line of people waiting for drinks and one guy shouted that I was racist as I wasn't serving him (he was black) he was second last in the que. Anyway I strode up to him, all 5ft 1inch and said Yip you are right, I am predudist, against loudmouths and trouble makers as you seem to fit both please leave! he did LOL
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

13-03-2005, 09:33 AM
I used to work behind a few bars and the thing that used to really wind me up were the men who sit at the bar in the same seat everyday and night and expect to be served before anyone else, saying "I was here first". Thing is they were always bl***y there!!!!

There was one man who used to come in, sit on the same seat next to a radiator and grab the remote control for the Sky and turn the TV onto golf whilst the room was watching something else. So I started hiding the remote control and saying I had no idea where it was. He was so obnoxious he used to sit right at the bar picking his nose, and demanding to be served first.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >