Daily thread Sunday 30th January 2022

Morning all
Still testing positive so at least 2 more days stuck in my bedroom
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2022, 12:23 PM
Good afternoon

Lovely and sunny here so enjoyed our walk and took our time so that we could enjoy it

Aw Kelly. I was positive (excuse the pun) that you would get a negative result today
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2022, 01:10 PM
Lol....I thought I would to Chris, the line is very faint again though... hopefully that's a good sign
It appears to be a nice day here too....more like spring than January!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2022, 05:21 PM
Too cold for spring, but not far off.

I have patiently (well, not so patiently really) explained to Gary that a paint smell will not set off the fire alarm You've got to admit, he tries

My sister has read out the reply she is sending to him tomorrow to make sure it is OK (she always checks with us first). In it, she spells out that his mum and dad are not as young as we used to be (read that as old farts) and not able to help him as much as we used to so he has to be patient. Hopefully, when he knows he's not getting support from that quarter, he'll quieten off for a while.

He is going to the Care Manager tomorrow though so I've emailed her to put her in the picture (and asked her to back us up that black skirtings and door frames are not a good idea)

Things should hopefully ease off once the deaf girl, Wendy, has moved in. I think a lot of this has come from her and once he realises that she isn't doing anything to her flat, he'll not be as keen

My obvious worry though is that she is a big influence on him at the moment so anything she does or says for a while will set him off
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2022, 08:18 PM
Gosh Chris....I think she is going to be a complete nightmare. I wonder is she thinking "get Gary to get stuff to do his place and I can use the same" or is she thinking on spending more time in his place than hers??
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2022, 10:33 PM
I don't think she has any ulterior motive really, Kelly. I think she talk to him about things she would like to do rather than what she is able to do and he falls for it

She's way above Gary in terms of maturity and she has a track record of some not so nice past behaviour.

Benefit of the doubt though. So far, apart unsettling Gary and giving him ideas that will cost a fortune to carry out, she's not, as far as I know, really done anything. I have my suspicions that Gary is paying for a lot of things when they go out, but. eventually, he'll cotton onto that.

To be honest, I think when she moves in, he'll see less of her as I think she has been using him to get a flat there and, in reality, she has got in quicker than it normally takes because the Care Manager is erring on the side of they will both be able to communicate. Let's hope that she and we don't regret it
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2022, 10:50 PM
Chris you have to play the long game as well as least said soonest mended by the sounds of it. Seems like you think she is voicing her ambitions for when she gets into the flat and Gary is not quite grasping its a "wish list" not a job of works.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2022, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Morning all
Still testing positive so at least 2 more days stuck in my bedroom
Oh dear better now than the summer.