View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 07:18 PM
aw mand poor mad tetley! what does he think of the pups?? I will get max done i have decided that i just dont know when
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
I don't see the point in keeping an entire dog, or bitch, if there is no intention to breed.

Castration eliminates the risk of testicular cancer and reduces the risk of prostate enlargement and perianal adenomas. The dog will not be tempted to escape and go visiting every in-season bitch it can smell for miles around. There is less risk of male-on-male aggression.

Spaying eliminates the risk of pyometra, false pregnancy, ovarian cysts & tumours. There is also evidence that the incidence of mammary cancer is drastically reduced in spayed bitches. The bitch does not have to be confined for 3-4 weeks twice a year, and there will be no visiting canine Romeos.

Both operations are routine and recovery is generally quick. Rarely would a dog have to stay overnight at the vet. As with any operation involving GA there is a slight risk, but anaesthetics are very safe nowadays.

I have not found that spaying/castration make any difference to the personality, temperament, appearance, weight, energy levels, maturation, etc.

It is very much an individual decision, one that should be made after careful research & consideration of the pros and cons.
I'm 100% with SB on this one
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4