Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2009, 10:03 PM

Aviemore, fair ruling or not?

Ive just been accepted as a member of Sled Dogs Ireland, and before anyone says it, yes I know my dogs arent sled dogs as such lol and we only do it for fun, but, the founders of the club have been training really hard to compete at Aviemore as Irelands first team, they have recently been informed that, because their dogs (husky) arent registered with the british KC, they cant run. Now the dogs are registered with the IKC which is also a member of the FCI but this means nothing. i am gutted for Sled Dogs Ireland as I know they were so looking forward to Aviemore and to me its a very unfair ruling and makes the KC look very money orientated, what do you think?
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2009, 10:06 PM
I don't know the ins and outs of these things, but it does sound somewhat harsh. I wonder what their reasoning is, what is the diff between the KC and the IKC? When it comes to these dogs?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2009, 10:08 PM
I have a GSP who is registered with both - can this not be got round somehow? Can the dogs not be registered with the KC ?
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I have a GSP who is registered with both - can this not be got round somehow? Can the dogs not be registered with the KC ?
Probably but too late for this years Aviemore I would think, which is a great shame , they really are gutted about it.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
i am gutted for Sled Dogs Ireland as I know they were so looking forward to Aviemore and to me its a very unfair ruling and makes the KC look very money orientated, what do you think?
What have the KC got to do with this? Sled Dog Racing has nothing to do with the KC

When we enter a rally one of the things you have to put down on the entry form is your dogs KC number (or a registered welfare number) but that is for identification purposes. If the Sibe Club will not accept dogs that are IKC registered then that is their choice.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2009, 10:15 PM
i was also wondering if the Aviemore rally was run by the KC, I presume its not, so why would competing dogs have to be registered with the KC, do any teams from abroad come over especially for it?I presume being registered with their official kennel club or the FCI isnt enough.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Probably but too late for this years Aviemore I would think, which is a great shame , they really are gutted about it.

It is waaaay too late for this years Aviemore given that it starts in two days time! The entries closed on the 1st of December!
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
What have the KC got to do with this? Sled Dog Racing has nothing to do with the KC

When we enter a rally one of the things you have to put down on the entry form is your dogs KC number (or a registered welfare number) but that is for identification purposes. If the Sibe Club will not accept dogs that are IKC registered then that is their choice.
Because not being registered with the KC was the reason given.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post

It is waaaay too late for this years Aviemore given that it starts in two days time! The entries closed on the 1st of December!
Lol, sorry, forgive my ignorance.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Because not being registered with the KC was the reason given.
Yes - the rules state that:

1.2.8 Only Kennel Club registered, pure bred sled dogs, ie., Siberian Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, Canadian Eskimo Dogs, Greenland Dogs and Samoyeds and dogs holding an SHC of GB Welfare number, confirming prior registration, are eligible to compete.

I can't run my Aussie even though he is registered to compete with other organisations
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »