Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 09:24 AM

Morning everyone!

Morning all,

The knee op went really well. Just a bit of hanging about, but not too bad. Ron (Jackie’s husband) came to pick us up but on the way home his gearbox went, so we then had to get a taxi – best laid plans and all that…….

Jackie stayed with me the whole time – what a mate – I really don’t know what I would do without her

This morning I have to say I feel worse than I did last night. My knee isn’t bad at all, but my glands are up and I have a raging headache and feel sick. I’m hoping it’ll pass soon.

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today’s gem:
Jimmy received a parrot for his birthday. The parrot was fully grown, with a very bad attitude and worse vocabulary.

Every other word was an expletive; those that weren't expletives were, to say the least, rude. Jimmy tried to change the bird's attitude by constantly saying polite words, playing soft music... anything he could think of. Nothing worked.

He yelled at the bird, and the bird got worse. He shook the bird, and the bird got madder and more rude.

Finally, in a moment of desperation, Jimmy put the parrot in the freezer. For a few moments he heard the bird swearing, squawking, kicking and screaming and then, suddenly, there was absolute quiet.

Jimmy was frightened that he might have actually hurt the bird, and quickly opened the freezer door.

The parrot calmly stepped out onto Jimmy's extended arm and said, "I'm sorry that I offended you with my language and my actions, and I ask your forgiveness. I will endeavour to correct my behaviour".

Jimmy was astounded at the changes in the bird's attitude and was about to ask what had changed him, when the parrot continued, "May I ask what the Chicken did?"
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. Glad the op went well Vicki, hope you feel better soon. May be something to do with the anaesthetic. Put your feet up and enjoy your Shiba cuddles. Very pleased Friday is here. Have a good one all.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all. Glad the op went well Vicki, hope you feel better soon. May be something to do with the anaesthetic. Put your feet up and enjoy your Shiba cuddles. Very pleased Friday is here. Have a good one all.
Morning Jackie - that's god advice hon, and I shall be taking it shortly x0x

rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 09:44 AM
(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) and setterkisses

Morning Vicki, morning all

Glad all went well and sorry to hear your feeling bit under the weather today - take it easy and rest today.

Friday is here hurrah!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Morning Vicki Morning All

So pleased the op went well yesterday Vicki, stay warm as temperatures are about to dive!!

There are so many bugs and viris's about at the moment which seem to be dragging people down - me included x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) and setterkisses

Morning Vicki, morning all

Glad all went well and sorry to hear your feeling bit under the weather today - take it easy and rest today.

Friday is here hurrah!
Morning Rachel - thanks hon xxx

Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Morning Vicki Morning All

So pleased the op went well yesterday Vicki, stay warm as temperatures are about to dive!!

There are so many bugs and viris's about at the moment which seem to be dragging people down - me included x
Mornign T - thanks hon. Sorry you're feeling poorly as well....... (hug)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.
So pleased the op went well vicki, but sorry to hear you are feeling unwell today. I hope you feel better soon.
at todays gem and have a good day all.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Glad to hear the op went well - make sure you rest plenty, d'you hear!!

I know what you mean about best laid plans and all that, I rushed around to get into work early for a very specific reason, then found I had a flat tyre!

OH had to come back from work to drive me into work (no public transport). We have to sort the wheel out tomorrow, as it means taking it off, loading it in the car and driving it to our nearest garage (40 mins away). My spare is a run-flat tyre, and we'd rather keep it in the boot and get a proper wheel etc.

Best laid plans....
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all,

So pleased your op went well, I hope you start to feel better very soon. xxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Morning Hun

So glad your op went well, sorry your under the weather today though.....a hot toddy that's what you need.

Hope your feeling more yourself soon xxxxx lots of Love and Hugs from us here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >