View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 07:43 PM
I dunno. I don't have an issue with Prize Choice but I always think their mince looks very pale and anaemic...
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
I dunno. I don't have an issue with Prize Choice but I always think their mince looks very pale and anaemic...
so is the berriewoods meat of the same kind, completely different quality to the prize choice?
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 07:53 PM
I wouldn't say it's a "completely" different quality. Berriewoods still isn't bloody like TDFC (although in some ways it's quite nice) but I think Berriewoods minces do look a bit better than Prize Choice. They are similar, but I don't find Berriewoods quite as sloppy, the beef is chunkier and dark redder in comparison, and the lamb isn't bulked out with chicken so is also darker. However they still look more processed than TDFC, but I'm happy enough with the quality
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't say it's a "completely" different quality. Berriewoods still isn't bloody like TDFC (although in some ways it's quite nice) but I think Berriewoods minces do look a bit better than Prize Choice. They are similar, but I don't find Berriewoods quite as sloppy, the beef is chunkier and dark redder in comparison, and the lamb isn't bulked out with chicken so is also darker. However they still look more processed than TDFC, but I'm happy enough with the quality
really? I would say berriewoods is much more sloppy then prize choice the, prize choice is very mincey/chunky))
and less bloody then berriewoods.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Chloe, just fed Cain Berriewoods beef mince for dinner. The was a little blood leaked out of it plus there was a variation in colour through the beef which made it look "more real". I always find Prize Choice beef pale and weirdly uniform in colour and very smooth, paste like.

Pippam, didnt you only have one kind of mince (chicken) from Berriewoods to compare? I'm talking in general over the full range. It's more noticeable with the red meats. I don't have a problem with Prize Choice and have fed it in the past. If it works for you, then great
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Chloe, just fed Cain Berriewoods beef mince for dinner. The was a little blood leaked out of it plus there was a variation in colour through the beef which made it look "more real". I always find Prize Choice beef pale and weirdly uniform in colour and very smooth, paste like.

Pippam, didnt you only have one kind of mince (chicken) from Berriewoods to compare? I'm talking in general over the full range. It's more noticeable with the red meats. I don't have a problem with Prize Choice and have fed it in the past. If it works for you, then great
yeah i know what you mean about prize choice, it all looks very white. im thinking or ordering the free flow bags rather than the minced blocks. might order some chunks from them too.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 08:14 PM

Here's a photo of the minces, see what you think.

Can't fault the Prize Choice chunks that they sent. Beef and tripe are great and the chicken wings look like they came off of Rambo
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 08:17 PM

Here's a photo of the minces, see what you think.

Can't fault the Prize Choice chunks that they sent. Beef and tripe are great and the chicken wings look like they came off of Rambo
thanks, they look quite good. oh i dont want rambo sized wings a normal sized wing is still quite a big meal weight wise for mine they are only meant to have around 130g a day according to their weight thing they always end up having more.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 08:55 PM

I was just compairing the chicken minces ive not yet tried any other meats from berriewoods, quality wise id the prize choice chicken is better but ive not yet had a chance to compair the other minces/chunks next time I may do an order on the mixed box from berriewoods.

I think the only thing I have against berriewoods is the amount of time it takes to deliver they do give you a date but it took two weeks, prize choice took just two working days.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Guess it depends on your area, they deliver once a week around my way.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >