Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 09:36 PM

Raw To Go

I was wondering if anyone uses Raw To Go. http://rawtogo.co.uk/default.aspx

I won't need to get a delivery for a good few months but I am looking at different suppliers so I know where to go when I do get my next delivery. So, has anyone used Raw To Go, and if you have, then how did you find them?

Thanks
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 09:41 PM
I haven't, but am looking for a supplier and like the look/sound of them so far. Where did you get your latest freezer full from?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 10:01 PM
They look good, a nice range - but I only have a little freezer and no space for another
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I haven't, but am looking for a supplier and like the look/sound of them so far. Where did you get your latest freezer full from?
I got it from DAF. I was impressed with the chicken carcasses (they are different to the ones I got before, much bigger this time) and the chicken wings are huge! But some of there stuff Jake didn't eat last time and everytime I have put an order in, there is always at least one thing that they don't have... and it is usually the thing I was after the most! I noticed on the Raw To Go site, that they actually say when things are temporarily out of stock so then you know beforehand.

I first ordered from DAF coz I liked the choice, but slowly they have stopped doing the things the provide a choice for me, like rabbit and pheasant. Raw To Go don't do pheasant but they do rabbit...

Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
They look good, a nice range - but I only have a little freezer and no space for another
Yeah, I think the choice is really good... Jake's freezer is bursting at the moment but will be good for when it is down a bit.
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-02-2012, 06:50 AM
I think you will find that RawtoGo are supplied by DAF and if you look on the DAF website you will see RawtoGo listed as a distributor of DAF products.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-02-2012, 07:11 AM
I used them earler this month.

Very good service and Dillon loved the minces. He loved it all.

I did find the chikcen necks had a funny smell and once defrosted went off very quickly. I have not had this problem with chicken wings elsewhere. Dillon gets them frozen now.

Haven't givn him the carcasses yet I ordered so not sure if they will be the same as the chicken wings.

Delivery is a bit steep but the minces etc., are cheaper than a lot of places so swings and roundabouts. Considering it came from Wales you have to expect it.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 07:37 AM
this is why I order from prize choice
it works 89p a 500g block from pets at home
about £3-4 for 2 kg bags and they do good range which is getting better that works about £5. I admit the fish is a tad steep and you save a tone on delivery too. Ordering is very easy they supply to many pet stores so if you have limmited space like I do then prize choice are the best thing.

I buy my chicken wings in Aldi at £1.75 for 12 and dad buys the meaty bones in the butcher 6 for £2
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2012, 07:55 AM
I thought they were supplied by daf too. I have ordered from them a few times if I am not going to be in for daf orders , the meat is fine and you can choose exactly what day you want delivery but there is a delivery charge of £9 .63 for up to 40 packs of meat and the more meat you order the more it goes up, so it does work out quite expensive.

when I have phoned they don't always have everything Iwant though, but that seems to be the same for all the suppliers.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
I got it from DAF. I was impressed with the chicken carcasses (they are different to the ones I got before, much bigger this time) and the chicken wings are huge! But some of there stuff Jake didn't eat last time and everytime I have put an order in, there is always at least one thing that they don't have... and it is usually the thing I was after the most! I noticed on the Raw To Go site, that they actually say when things are temporarily out of stock so then you know beforehand.

I first ordered from DAF coz I liked the choice, but slowly they have stopped doing the things the provide a choice for me, like rabbit and pheasant. Raw To Go don't do pheasant but they do rabbit...

Yeah, I think the choice is really good... Jake's freezer is bursting at the moment but will be good for when it is down a bit.
my lot were like that with DAF they wouldnt eat ANY of their products, other than the liver chunks.. i too am in your situation with trying to find another supplier.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by IanIOW View Post
I think you will find that RawtoGo are supplied by DAF and if you look on the DAF website you will see RawtoGo listed as a distributor of DAF products.
Part of why I want to try somewhere else though, is that I find DAF often don't have things that I am after... and the choice is gradually getting smaller. The Raw To Go site say they do rabbit, but DAF don't do it now.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I used them earler this month.

Very good service and Dillon loved the minces. He loved it all.

I did find the chikcen necks had a funny smell and once defrosted went off very quickly. I have not had this problem with chicken wings elsewhere. Dillon gets them frozen now.

Haven't givn him the carcasses yet I ordered so not sure if they will be the same as the chicken wings.

Delivery is a bit steep but the minces etc., are cheaper than a lot of places so swings and roundabouts. Considering it came from Wales you have to expect it.
Yeah, I did think the delivery was. I haven't worked out what I would get and what the total cost would be with delivery... I always spend over £50 from DAF so I don't pay delivery

Originally Posted by pippam View Post
this is why I order from prize choice
it works 89p a 500g block from pets at home
about £3-4 for 2 kg bags and they do good range which is getting better that works about £5. I admit the fish is a tad steep and you save a tone on delivery too. Ordering is very easy they supply to many pet stores so if you have limmited space like I do then prize choice are the best thing.

I buy my chicken wings in Aldi at £1.75 for 12 and dad buys the meaty bones in the butcher 6 for £2
I'm not a big fan of price choice. The look of the beef chunks puts me off, although Jake loved them. The heart is ok, but Jake refused to eat the liver and he loves liver... so that was odd for him.

Originally Posted by kodimeg View Post
I thought they were supplied by daf too. I have ordered from them a few times if I am not going to be in for daf orders , the meat is fine and you can choose exactly what day you want delivery but there is a delivery charge of £9 .63 for up to 40 packs of meat and the more meat you order the more it goes up, so it does work out quite expensive.

when I have phoned they don't always have everything Iwant though, but that seems to be the same for all the suppliers.
Yeah, that is something I have found with DAF... I have never been able to get everything I wanted to order...

Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
my lot were like that with DAF they wouldnt eat ANY of their products, other than the liver chunks.. i too am in your situation with trying to find another supplier.
Jake refused to eat the lamb bones, ribs and trotters... the lamb was especially surprising for him but he wouldn't even touch it... Paddy enjoyed it though So, yep I am on the look out for another supplier too
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »