Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rhustie
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-06-2011, 05:21 PM

Raw meat supplier/s in Yorkshire

Hi, joined the forum to track down the elusive meat suppliers that may roam these threads!
We have started to feed our dogs the prey-model diet, and we are having some trouble finding suppliers of the meats we want at reasonable prices (circa <£1.50/kg, or £0.68/lb)

Are there any suppliers in Yorkshire on this forum that supply or are willing to supply raw meats for dogs?
Looking for a variety closely resembling the menu on www.thedogfoodcompany.co.uk if possible. These guys are down in Suffolk though, so even a huge bulk buy would push the cost up too much.

We buy our meats at the minute from pet shops etc, mostly buying from the 'Prize Choice' menu.
Ideally i'd like to find a supplier of whole rabbit/s, chicken/s, and pig pluck as we're finding it difficult to get hold of the offal we're needing.
Any info on where to find liver, kidneys, brains, gonads, and pancreas would be much appreciated.
I know that the UK BARF club have links to 'Prize Choice' full menu including some of the above, but fresh is preferable.

Thanks in advance.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 05:37 PM
landywoods
durham animal feeds

these are two i know of.... theres quite a few, look through past threads and im sure you will find one. there is one called "most reliable reccomended supplier" i think, and theres loads of advice on that.
Rhustie
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
landywoods
durham animal feeds

these are two i know of.... theres quite a few, look through past threads and im sure you will find one. there is one called "most reliable reccomended supplier" i think, and theres loads of advice on that.
Hi x-clo-x, thanks very much for that! I feel sheepish for not finding these myself when looking!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Rhustie View Post
Hi x-clo-x, thanks very much for that! I feel sheepish for not finding these myself when looking!
its ok its a bit much trying to find your way around when you are a new member
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 09:18 PM
where abouts in yorkshire, i have a local supplier in Barnsley/ Wakefield area
Rhustie
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
where abouts in yorkshire, i have a local supplier in Barnsley/ Wakefield area
Hi Lizzy23. I'm up Otley way. The missus travels down through the South end of Leeds regularly though so i'd be happy to know who your local supplier is.

Many thanks
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 06:10 AM
Originally Posted by Rhustie View Post
Hi Lizzy23. I'm up Otley way. The missus travels down through the South end of Leeds regularly though so i'd be happy to know who your local supplier is.

Many thanks
will pm you, but you would need to pick up from Barnsley so don't know if thats practical, oops just realised you don't have enough posts for Pm's oh well he's running a business so will post his number, he does chicken and veg mince in 1lb bags at 50p each and chicken carcasses £3 for 2.5kg you can ring him on 07971116911 and his name is geoff, he does the dog food out of an industrial unit in Wonbwell
Rhustie
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
will pm you, but you would need to pick up from Barnsley so don't know if thats practical, oops just realised you don't have enough posts for Pm's oh well he's running a business so will post his number, he does chicken and veg mince in 1lb bags at 50p each and chicken carcasses £3 for 2.5kg you can ring him on 07971116911 and his name is geoff, he does the dog food out of an industrial unit in Wonbwell
Thanks Lizzy23 i'll give him a shout next week sometime.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 05:16 PM
There's a place in Doncaster I use: Jays animal feeds ther do 1lb bags of chicken mince, beef mince & tripe for 30p each and best beef mince for 35p.

It's usually bone, skin and meat in the meat mince.
Rhustie
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
There's a place in Doncaster I use: Jays animal feeds ther do 1lb bags of chicken mince, beef mince & tripe for 30p each and best beef mince for 35p.

It's usually bone, skin and meat in the meat mince.
Hi Baileys Blind, seems like a nice place you've found there!
Thanks for the heads up!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >