View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2012, 08:35 PM

Testing on animals - what's happened?! Do you care?

Why can you never find a 'not tested on animals' logo on any bottle of shower gel nowadays I'm sure it's gotten worse

Also tonight I was most upset (and embarrassed - because apparently 'everybody know that') Pampers nappies are Procter and Gamble who test on animals, I've been using those nappies for 7 months for Rowan as they are the ones that fit him best Not only that but 'always' ladies things are procter and gamble also!!!

I started to look into which companies test on animals and have been left feeling like even though I care it would be near impossible to lead a life free of products who test on animals

I hope nobody feeds their dogs Iams/eukanuba without realising it's tested on animals.

Does anybody want to share any other popular day to day manafacturers who test on animals
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2012, 08:39 PM
ALL dog food is "tested" on animals. Just as all human food is "tested" on humans.

I think the issue is that people assume that "tested" = something horrible.

Unfortunately some people cannot see the wood for the trees.

Tea is "tested" on humans every day, as is coffee, wine, whisky etc the list is endless.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2012, 08:40 PM
I would not use a shampoo/skin/beauty product that had not been tested first.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2012, 08:42 PM
I wonder if those who are anti testing on animals have actually visited a pharmaceutical/cosmetic testing laboratory.

There is certainly a lot of ignorance surrounding the subject.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2012, 08:46 PM
I know things have to be tested and there is probably a side to it that isn't so bad but I am sure lots of animals are brought into this world purely for testing, lead a restrictive life then suffer at the hands of humans.

At least humans can opt to be testers.

But that's why I am a vegetarian, I can't bear the thought of animals suffering at the hands of humans.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
I know things have to be tested and there is probably a side to it that isn't so bad but I am sure lots of animals are brought into this world purely for testing, lead a restrictive life then suffer at the hands of humans.

At least humans can opt to be testers.

But that's why I am a vegetarian, I can't bear the thought of animals suffering at the hands of humans.
But you have now qualified your original post.

If you said to me "Are you against making Beagles smoke 40 cigarettes a day" I would say yes.

But that is VASTLY different than carrying out TASTE testings on dog food with happy dogs who are cared for etc.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
But you have now qualified your original post.

If you said to me "Are you against making Beagles smoke 40 cigarettes a day" I would say yes.

But that is VASTLY different than carrying out TASTE testings on dog food with happy dogs who are cared for etc.
Oh sorry, I wasn't talking about taste testing in my original post, or happy dogs with good owners who volunteer them for taste testing etc.
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2012, 08:56 PM
I have been told P&G Experiment still with animals. As you have found, they are everywhere. I understand Co-op own brands haven't been tested on animals for many years.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2012, 09:00 PM
as much as i hate the conditions that the animals are kept in i think animal testing to an extent it a necessary part of life, rather than trying to stop animal testing which i dont believe will ever happen try and change the legislation which allows them to be kept in those conditions
ATD x
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
as much as i hate the conditions that the animals are kept in i think animal testing to an extent it a necessary part of life, rather than trying to stop animal testing which i dont believe will ever happen try and change the legislation which allows them to be kept in those conditions
ATD x
I so not believe there remains any need to test cosmetics / beauty products / cleaning products on animals.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >